Rail Logistics Dispatcher

by Viidi

Adds a dispatcher (building) to automate railway logistics based on offers and requests. The mod is optimized for multi-delivery deliveries, has an intuitive interface and is published under a free license.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Trains

g Converting a base from LTN to RLD

1 year, 4 months ago

I'm not really sure how to accomplish this. My base has 292 LTN stations and almost as many LTN combinators (most depots share a combinator). I don't think there's a way for me to avoid doing this painfully and by hand. I could try writing a mod/script to do it? I've never written a Factorio mod, and have barely ever written Lua, but I've patched mods for myself before. Any advice on the most realistic way to achieve conversion would be appreciated.

1 year, 4 months ago

Hi, I'm not the author, but I think I can provide a little bit of insight:
It's probably difficult to do this kind of script, and there would almost certainly be errors you would have to fix personally.
Part of the issue is due to the differing requirements of the set up: Namely the Combinators that you use for LTN can be set up anywhere up to nine tiles away from the station, I believe. And as you mentioned, the combinator can also be used to go to multiple depot stations.

Whereas the rail dispatcher here has to have one dispatcher for each stop, no matter what kind of station it is. Additionally, it can only be 1 tile away from the train stop, which can be an issue depending on how much space is available around each stop. So these two things are the quickest conflict i can think of.

With that said, I think it should be possible as long as you make sure there is a combinator for each stop, and that they exactly 1 tile away (directly adjacent).

While that sounds like a lot of work, it also seems like you have a large base if you have that many stops. And I would be interested in comparing the performance between the two mods at the high end. I know that one of the earliest questions was about that topic. If you're willing, I can try to do the replacement by hand if you give me a save / want to do it on multiplayer.

1 year, 4 months ago

I agree that it is possible, but difficult. 260 stations is a big responsibility. You never know where a bug has not yet been found, you don't want to spoil the game. Even though I try to fix everything as soon as possible.
As a training on modding factorio - why not!

New response