Power Overload

Performant, semi-realistic power distribution overhaul. Power poles can explode if the total electrical consumption on the network is too high. Use transformers to separate networks so that subnetworks do not take more power than they can handle.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

i Suggestion: transformer priority

1 year, 2 months ago

Add a Priority setting to transformers (primary, secondary, tertiary) same way as it is for example in the mod Editor Extensions (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/EditorExtensions).
Right now you can't prioritise solar arrays over coal generators or accumulators if they are separated into different power systems by transformers, this suggestion could help with that.

1 year, 2 months ago

Mmm good idea, but tricky to implement. I won't be doing it any time soon, I'm afraid.

1 year, 2 months ago

You can at least work around it via the circuit network. Wire a power switch to the transformer (on either end) before it goes to the rest of the network. You may have to stick a power pole between the switch and transformer, I forget, but that lets you cut the connection at will. I had mine set up using the time tools mod combinator to watch brightness, and disconnected non-solar when it was bright enough out.

10 months ago

+1

New response