Power Overload

Performant, semi-realistic power distribution overhaul. Power poles can explode if the total electrical consumption on the network is too high. Use transformers to separate networks so that subnetworks do not take more power than they can handle.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Power

b [Fixed-1.1.4/5] 1.1.3 non-recoverable error

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I got the following error message when creating a new game with the mod, even when it's the only mod enabled. I'm running 1.1.21 on Linux.

The mod Power Overload (1.1.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event PowerOverload::on_init()
PowerOverload/control.lua:277: attempt to concatenate local 'surface_name' (a table value)
stack traceback:
PowerOverload/control.lua:277: in function <PowerOverload/control.lua:271>

3 years ago

Hi there, got the same error when adding the mod to an existing save game...

3 years ago

Yeah I'm releasing a fix now :D Sorry!

3 years ago

Done. Thanks for reporting it!

3 years ago

Thank you for the quick fix!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Still getting this error, but it seems to be in a different location

111951.781 Error MainLoop.cpp:1285: Exception at tick 3505956: The mod Power Overload (1.1.4) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event PowerOverload::on_built_entity (ID 6)
PowerOverload/control.lua:43: attempt to index local 'transformer_surface' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
PowerOverload/control.lua:43: in function 'create_update_transformer'
PowerOverload/control.lua:92: in function <PowerOverload/control.lua:86>
111951.781 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:91: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod Power Overload (1.1.4) caused a non-recoverable error.

PowerOverload/control.lua:43: attempt to index local 'transformer_surface' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
PowerOverload/control.lua:92: in function <PowerOverload/control.lua:86>"
111951.781 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:783: updateTick(3505956) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)

3 years ago

Hello! I don't know how it could have got into this state. Have you just added the mod? Or just updated it? If you completely remove it, load and save your game, and then readd it, it should probably be fixed (but you'll lose all entities from this mod).

Alternatively you can send me the save, and I'll be able to fix it and hopefully work out what went wrong.

3 years ago

I have removed and re-added the mod and it seemed to go away. thanks

3 years ago

Just got this again. It seems to occur only after moving to a new planet in Space Exploration.

From looking at the code, I think you could fix it by moving the create surface to occur as part of a get_transformer_surface() function which first checks if the surface exists and creates it if it doesn't, then returns the correct surface.

19869.389 Error MainLoop.cpp:1285: Exception at tick 20711847: The mod Power Overload (1.1.4) caused a non-recoverable error.

stack traceback:
PowerOverload/control.lua:92: in function <PowerOverload/control.lua:86>
19869.389 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:91: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod Power Overload (1.1.4) caused a non-recoverable error.

3 years ago

Oh yeah, you're right, it will definitely crash when a mod creates a surface because I should be listening for that event but I am not. It might be a few days before I have time to fix it, sorry.

3 years ago

Fixed in 1.1.5. Let me know if you're still having issues.

New response