My Quick Start

by nm9311

This simple, minimalistic quick start mod enhances your Factorio experience by allowing you to choose from one of nine startup kits: Empty, Default, Default-militant, Tiny, Small, Medium, Big, Huge, or CUSTOM. You can select your preferred kit in the mod configuration settings. Additionally, you have the option to place items from the kit on one of your four quickbars or conduct some or all research in advance. The mod is multiplayer ready and supports quality items if that option is selected.

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 2.1
26.4K
Cheats

g More Custom Items?

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

It appears that you can get tier 2 assemblers from some of the default kits, but they aren't exposed through the Custom kit interface. The same appears to be true for chemical plants and oil refineries (though these are much less important than t2 assemblers). It's odd that they aren't available, considering the rest of the gear you can get via Custom kits, like power/mech armor, fission/fusion reactors, and roboports.

Also found it odd that Solar Panels and Accumulators do not appear to be available in any of the kits? Those would be nice to have for a non-coal-powered start (in addition, Electric Furnaces, those would also be nice to have at game start)

EDIT: Speaking of equipment, any chance we can get toolbelt equipment added as an option as well? I believe they are locked to space age, but since mech armor is already an option, it should be possible; would be nice to have!

2 months ago

I will add that all. Just a moment....

2 months ago

Done! Read the changelog, carefully...

2 months ago

Hm, there might be a bug with the armor code? I have it set to Custom kit, with Uncommon quality, and 1 Modular Armor, but I spawn with two

All the other items seem to work normally (i.e. with Custom/Uncommon, I set 50 Assembler-2's and I spawn in with 50 Assembler-2's, as expected)

2 months ago

Oh yeah, now I see that. I must check and then correct in the code. Thank you!

2 months ago

Done!

2 months ago

HUGE thanks for the ability to define additional settings for items that weren't enabled. I set yours as Recommended for my own Space Age-focused variant, with some modified defaults (and exceptionally useful ability to start with rocket silo/starter pack, via custom defined settings)

$2 tip well deserved

2 months ago

Thank you very much!

New response