Module Inserter Simplified

Easy-to-use tool for inserting and upgrading modules in machines using construction robots. Use Module Inserter Extended if you want to create detailed configurations per machine type (it is a straight upgrade from Module Inserter). Use Module Inserter Simplified if you want to easily create module requests, one type at a time, without any complex configuration GUI. Can be installed alongside MI Extended if you really want to...

Utilities
10 months ago
Manufacturing

g Crashing when using MIS with Janky Quality

5 months ago

Hi i'm using this mod together with Janky Quality and when cycling through modules i get the following error:

Error while running event ModuleInserterSimplified::mis-cycle-module-forwards (ID 234)
Unknown item name: mis-insert-empty-5
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_stack'
ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/cycle-module.lua:41: in function 'cycle_module'
ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/cycle-module.lua:51: in function <ModuleInserterSimplified/scripts/cycle-module.lua:51>

I've been talking with the dev of JQ and it seems that the quality modules use a different naming scheme than the expected by the mod, the bug seems to be on init-global.lua line 123, where it's using module.name to find the tier of the module instead of module.tier

5 months ago

I did once discover and use module.tier, but it didn't work particularly well with nullius iirc, because it set the 'tier' of its base modules to 0. So I think then I just stuck to assuming that all modules follow the vanilla naming scheme and getting the tier from that. Using module.tier is definitely possible, and probably the 'correct' way, it just needs a little more care on my side.

5 months ago

Even without changing the discovery of the tier max tier, the cycle-module should probably not try to set the stack if the name given doesn't exist as a prototype. Better yet, perform this filtering where you create the list of modules to cycle.

But indeed, Nullius and SeaBlock do funny things. SeaBlock has modules of tiers 2,4,6,8 but in game they look like 0,1,2,3.

New response