Module Inserter Simplified

Easy-to-use tool for inserting and upgrading modules in machines using construction robots. Use Module Inserter Extended if you want to create detailed configurations per machine type (it is a straight upgrade from Module Inserter). Use Module Inserter Simplified if you want to easily create module requests, one type at a time, without any complex configuration GUI. Can be installed alongside MI Extended if you really want to...

Utilities
10 months ago
Manufacturing

b Crash on right click insert

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)
4156.160 Error MainLoop.cpp:1395: Exception at tick 119066681: The mod Module Inserter Simplified (1.1.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event ModuleInserterSimplified::on_player_reverse_selected_area (ID 176)
__ModuleInserterSimplified__/scripts/insert-module.lua:251: bad argument #2 of 3 to 'min' (number expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'min'
    __ModuleInserterSimplified__/scripts/insert-module.lua:251: in function 'insert_single_into_entity'
    __ModuleInserterSimplified__/scripts/insert-module.lua:288: in function 'insert_modules'
    __ModuleInserterSimplified__/scripts/insert-module.lua:296: in function <__ModuleInserterSimplified__/scripts/insert-module.lua:296>

I didn't really do anything special, was just replacing some speed modules with eff modules. Maybe the screenshot will give you a hint:
https://i.imgur.com/yDE64LA.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a save file or repro case.

7 months ago

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ModuleInserterSimplified/discussion/63e20c3a8dbeb5e0dc799d1e same as this :)

I think it happens when you've already used an upgrade planner to upgrade modules, which puts them into a weird state which isn't well exposed by the mod API. I'm sure it is possible to fix but when I tried it was a real pain, so I haven't got around to it yet.

7 months ago

I did not use an upgrade planner at all, IIRC I used a left click selection to fill the wide beacon with speed modules, then used repeated right click selections to replace some of them with eff modules.
I think some speed modules had already arrived but some were still just requests.

New response