Module Inserter Simplified

Easy-to-use tool for inserting and upgrading modules in machines using construction robots. Use Module Inserter Extended if you want to create detailed configurations per machine type (it is a straight upgrade from Module Inserter). Use Module Inserter Simplified if you want to easily create module requests, one type at a time, without any complex configuration GUI. Can be installed alongside MI Extended if you really want to...

Utilities
10 months ago
Manufacturing

i [Completed-1.1.0] Module sorting on request complete

1 year, 7 months ago

Would be nice if this had the "OCD friendly" feature from Module Inserter, where modules are sorted once the module request is complete.
As it is right now it depends on the order of insertion from bots.

Also I'd personally prefer if they end up sorted by type first rather than by the way they're ordered in the selection list (e.g. speed2, eff1, eff3, and not eff1, speed2, eff3)

1 year, 7 months ago

Sounds reasonable, I didn't do it because in the original the sort order is based on the configuration used, whereas here there is no configuration. As you say, I could use a standard ordering (and I agree that it should be different to what is used in the selection list).

However, from what I remember from looking at the implementation of this, it was quite an ugly implementation, which I think used on_tick, storing tasks in global, etc, which also dissuaded me from doing it. Maybe I'll try it at some point, but probably not any time soon.

1 year, 4 months ago

Done in 1.1.0 (which requires Factorio 1.1.74). Thanks for the suggestion!

New response