Module Inserter Simplified

Easy-to-use tool for inserting and upgrading modules in machines using construction robots. Use Module Inserter Extended if you want to create detailed configurations per machine type (it is a straight upgrade from Module Inserter). Use Module Inserter Simplified if you want to easily create module requests, one type at a time, without any complex configuration GUI. Can be installed alongside MI Extended if you really want to...

Utilities
10 months ago
Manufacturing

b [Fixed-1.0.2] Crash on right-click-dragging with "remove modules"

1 year, 7 months ago
180.133 Error MainLoop.cpp:1284: Exception at tick 5303: The mod Module Inserter Simplified (1.0.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event ModuleInserterSimplified::on_player_reverse_selected_area (ID 175)
__ModuleInserterSimplified__/scripts/insert-module.lua:38: attempt to index local 'allowed_in_entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    __ModuleInserterSimplified__/scripts/insert-module.lua:38: in function 'check_module_allowed'
    __ModuleInserterSimplified__/scripts/insert-module.lua:103: in function 'insert_single_into_entity'
    __ModuleInserterSimplified__/scripts/insert-module.lua:269: in function 'insert_modules'
    __ModuleInserterSimplified__/scripts/insert-module.lua:277: in function <__ModuleInserterSimplified__/scripts/insert-module.lua:277>

I am rightclick-dragging a beacon.
I can reproduce it but not every time. I think it happens with the extra "remove modules" when you use SE.

1 year, 7 months ago

Thanks for the report.

I think it happens with the extra "remove modules" when you use SE

Sounds plausible!

1 year, 7 months ago

That was indeed it, fixed in 1.0.2. It seems that the additional "Remove modules" didn't ever work... I guess not everyone plays with SE, and may not use "Remove modules" very much.

New response