Mining Drones 2.0 Remastered

by AivanF

Adds mining drones and depots providing great yet cusomizable balance: - robust drones recipe ingredients instead of pure iron - normal pollution rate - electric energy usage - editable stack sizes - many compatible mods And so much more! Everything is configurable, many supported mods. Locales: 🇬🇧 English 🇩🇪 Deutsch 🇪🇸 Español 🇫🇷 Français 🇹🇷 Türkçe 🇺🇦 Український 🇷🇺 Русский 🇨🇳 中文

Content
7 months ago
Mining

b Omnifluid

7 months ago

https://prnt.sc/gQaTTbUaR1kM
seems not to work when a fluid is required and the fluid is a solid now ;-)
Could it be fixed?

7 months ago

It must be fixable! For now I'm actively focused on WH40k Titans mod, but I'll dig into this problem some later. Or, I'm open to GitHub pull requests from other experienced modders 😁

7 months ago

LOL I also have too many construction sites open, otherwise I would have already looked at it, at the moment already 4 mods opened in VSCode.

7 months ago

I know your pain 😂

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

seems not to work when a fluid is required and the fluid is a solid now ;-)
Could it be fixed?

Omnifluid provides a method to do this. You need to connect a boiler's output to the mining depot, and use the boiler to turn the sluid into a fluid. You need to do the same thing for fluid fuels.

I should have looked at the screenshot before assuming I understood your issue. Sorry for the confusion, I wonder if the fix needs to come from the omni side, because the recipe inside the depot hasn't been properly converted by omnifluid.

7 months ago

it is not always clear at first glance which mod is causing the problem.
as the author, do you pass the problem on to omnifluid, or should i?

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

Well, I've downloaded and looked at that mod. It changes all the recipes replacing fluids with related items, so, here is the issue. It could be fixed by either option:
1. On MD2R side, adding code to manage not only fluids, but also items required for mining. Not sure if this is really needed, as I noticed that vanilla mining drills keep using fluids.
2. On Omni side, ignoring recipes of MD2R. I explored their code and found there is support for MD1, so I made a simple PR extending it, you can upvote it to prioritise and maybe get new version faster: https://github.com/Omnimods/Omnimods/pull/426

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

excelent, thank you.
in the meantime, i have found a workaround
Fluidless Mining and Ore Washing, this work also for minign drones
the fluid (resp. the solid fluid) is only needed later in assembling machines.

New response