Fluidless Mining and Ore Washing

by staviq

Ores that would normally require fluid to mine, are now mined normally, but need to be washed with corresponding fluid. Designed for use with Angel's infinite ores, RSO, Bob's and Clown's mods.

3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
1537
Owner:
staviq
Source:
N/A
Homepage:
N/A
License:
MIT
Created:
10 months ago
Latest Version:
0.0.7 (3 months ago)
Factorio version:
1.0 - 1.1
Downloaded:
1537 times

What does it do ?

Replaces mining with fluid mechanics, with ore washing.

Every resource that would require a fluid to mine, can now be mined without any fluid, but it produces Ore Gangue, that needs to be washed with the same fluid that it would be mined with.

Compatibility

This mod is very simple in construction, it scans all resource definitions for fluid requirement, replaces result with corresponding Gangue, and adds washing recipe with approporiate fluid. That makes is theoretically, compatible with all possible resources.

Tested with:

  • Vanilla Uranium ore
  • Angel's infinite ores
  • Bob's and Angel's full modpack
  • Clown's modpack for AngelBob's

Why ?

  • Reduces pipe cluter, allows you to have simpler mining setups
  • Increases compatibility with mining mods, that have no fluid mining capabilities
  • Less pipes, more beacons ! Adds another layer that you can apply productivity modules on. Theoretically allows you to fit more beacons on the mining filed.
  • Easier fluid logistic. With heavily modded playthroughs, fluid logistics for mining can get out of had very fast. Not any more ! Now you only have to supply the mining fluid to your washing setup, and you can have it anywhere you want.

Zero UPS overhead

No control script, no on_tick events, zero UPS impact ! This mod is purely recipe based and gets all processed while loading the game.

History

Originally, i was maintaing an old mod just for myself, offline, that was a clone "No fluids to Mine" by Martin Rudat, that was again a clone of "No Fluids to Mine Uranium" by DellAquila, and i found that those mods didn't play very nice with modded AngelBob, especially if i throw Clown's Ores into the mix, so i modified it and was using it for myself. Recently i decided that since it was stable for me since pretty much 0.17, i rewrote it from scratch to clean up the messy code, and here it is.