Mining Drones 2.0 Remastered

by AivanF

Adds mining drones and depots providing great yet cusomizable balance: - robust drones recipe ingredients instead of pure iron - normal pollution rate - electric energy usage - editable stack sizes - many compatible mods And so much more! Everything is configurable, many supported mods. Locales: 🇬🇧 English 🇩🇪 Deutsch 🇪🇸 Español 🇫🇷 Français 🇹🇷 Türkçe 🇺🇦 Український 🇷🇺 Русский 🇨🇳 中文

Content
7 months ago
Mining

g [DONE] Support for prospector and deep core mining

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

Hi!

The support would consist of blacklisting stuff that isn't really mineable or should not be mineable.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Prospector
this one makes ores turn into depleted versions after they run out. After prospecting they become another type that is again mineable. Mining depot lists these depleted ores as being mineable but they aren't (and shouldn't).

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/vtk-deep-core-mining
This one adds two kinds of ore sources, patches that are left behind when regular ores are mined that take a special kind of miner to mine. Those should almost certainly be blacklisted. Other is very similar to SE core mining ones, deep core cracks. Those too require special miner but the mining drones still mine them. Should be blacklisted.

Currently playing with about 300 mods including those two mods I talked about, SE, deadlock's stacked mining, dirty mining and all of brevven the ore selection in the depot is a "bit" overwhelming :)
https://imgur.com/a/2aXy9Rl

Example of what I get when searching for "iron" in that UI:
https://imgur.com/a/NEmjFdB

First three are the patches from prospecting, shouldn't be there.
Next three are from dirty mining and are for the vanilla + two legit types of iron ore that prospector mod generates. Those are fine.
Next three are for stacked mining of the vanilla+two prospecting types. Those are fine.
Last one on first line is the vanilla iron ore, fine.
Next two are depleted versions of the ores from prospecting, shouldn't be there.
Next two are the prospecting mod ores, fine.
Next is stacked vanilla, fine.
next two are stacked depleted ore from prospecting, shouldn't be there
next two are stacked prospector ore types, fine
Everything else are a combination of mod ores from special seams/core holes that should not be there.

In total out of the 35 types of iron only 12 should be there I think (vanilla + 2 prospecting ores. Stacked, dirty and stacked+dirty variants of all three).

Not quite sure how to handle things where another mod generates a new type of ore from a source that shouldn't be mineable. E.g all those depleted ores from dirty/stacked mining. Should those be blacklisted by your mod or by dirty/stacked mining mods, I don't know.

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

Hi! Yeah, I was annoyed with this issue too playing SE 😁 So I already blacklisted its "core fragments", this works since the latest version 2.0.10.

I can easily add filtering out for other kinds of special ores by specifying a pattern for their internal entity names. For instance, SE core resources are named se-core-fragment-[ORE]. I haven't tried the mods you listed, so could you write internal names of some resources you mentioned for removal? Or just recipes available in the depot, they contain resource names. You can open info panel by Ctrl+Alt+F shortcut while holding cursor above an item or recipe.

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

this works since the latest version 2.0.10.
That screenshot was taken just after upgrading to 2.0.10 so it was even worse before that :)

Or just recipes available in the depot, they contain resource names

Looking up the names I noticed another mod generates special patches for iron and copper (rp warfare) and the autogeneration of prospector mod applies to them when it should not. I'll make a separate bugreport for prospector mod to ignore those, I don't think it'd make sense to blacklist them on your side as it is a clear bug/unhandled special situation of prospector mod.

Here are the things your mod should blacklist:
mine-iron-ore-patch
mine-iron-ore-patch-chunk
mine-iron-ore-patch-ore

mine-iron-ore-placeholder
mine-iron-ore-vein-placeholder

mine-stacked-iron-ore-placeholder
mine-stacked-iron-ore-vein-placeholder

From what I understand,
stuff having -patch- are one of the deep core mining generated special ore sources that need special miner.
stuff ending in -placeholder are the depleted versions of ores waiting for prospecting that should not be mined.

[edit]
In case you care for some reason, here is the bugreport for prospector mod:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Prospector/discussion/647f0a6cf65ead2c6f0e6fe8

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

oh yes, another thing needing to be blacklisted is entities named vtk-deepcore-mining-crack. That's the second special ore source deep core mining adds. That has only one type and no variants as far as I know.

In the mining depot the recipe shows up as vtk-deepcore-mining-ore-chunk

11 months ago

Thanks for your efforts! I'll let you know when I finish blacklisting them 👌

11 months ago

Hi, I just released v2.0.11 with removing recipes from these mods, check it out!

11 months ago

The update seems to have cleaned up the stuff indeed. Thans!

11 months ago

Nice! Could you also take a screenshot of how your depot's menu now looks like? I just wanna get satisfied with the final difference 😁

New response