Migration Paths


inspired by FFF-401, adds migration routes used by biters. a good mod for a veteran looking to get off Nauvis faster, or a new player who wants to have more control over when they engage with biters.

Content
a month ago
2.0
64
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Planets Combat Enemies Environment

g How view

a month ago

I can't tell how to see the migration paths on the map. Is there a keybind or something?

a month ago

They should be on by default. Theres a way to change the specific color, but they should be appearing. Do you have anything changing nauvis world gen?

And let me take a look

a month ago

I added it to an existing save file, that's probably what happened

a month ago

ah, yeah that would do it. I'm not sure how to get around that. because if I did allow it to show up on existing saves suddenly your whole factory would become damaged. let me add a note of this to the mod description.

a month ago

Yeah I went and started a new sandbox file and it worked perfectly. Funny thing though, it looks like the code doesn't take note of any changes to the environment (notably turning land into water like waterfill or moat mode) which sometimes leads to the biters walking on water lol.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Yeah. I might look into adding a swimming animation. Biters crossing shallow water is intended brhavior but it does look weird lol.
Jesus biters

a month ago

The thing is that it happens regardless of whether or not biters can already swim. Haven't tested but I think they could probably cross lava and stuff too. Not sure if there's a way to make what's code-wise technically a demolisher adapt its patterns based on changing terrain, but that's not my problem :)

a month ago

I don't think any mods that add lava to nauvis do it in a way where lava becomes an issue.

If the player has a mod that allows biters to swim, these "biters" are just animations until they take 1 damage so youre totally right that they just walk across the surface. It gets tougher to animate each thing differently depending on its terrain. Maybe i could do something with run time scripting but I really wanted to keep the game as performant as possible (minimal runtime scripting) if someone has proposals please let me know! I may come back to this after I release my next mod.

New response