Loot Chest UPS

by ptx0

UPS friendly, Space Exploration-centric fork of LootChestPlus. Supports all loot added to entity prototype (TheDeadBurn, Alien Loot Economy, Bobenemies). Attempts to accumulate uncollected loot in a game-engine-friendly manner. Adds Multi-Surface support for SE, allowing you to make things easier or harder.

Content
2 years ago
Logistics

b Loot not being picked up

2 years ago

Just unsure if this might be related to previous case: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LootChestUPS/discussion/60635b97f0edae45bf023364

Tho I just put down my loot chest and it doesn't seem to loot any of previous orb's
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697564089907675217/846155621429411870/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697564089907675217/846157565637558302/unknown.png
A save reload those not fix it.

My theory after previous case is that u removed some code that actually stopped it to collect.

Might have an idea for the solution ? It would basically be that u add a shortcut button/trigger that can start the scan manually to avoid limitless scans for the ups reason if the scan works only in generated area. How to implement I hope u will find a good solution.

2 years ago

i do like the idea of a button to collect all the items-on-ground that it can. i've never done one before.

the other thing is, i've been doing a playthrough lately with Rampant and loot drops. I also saw this problem where previous loot wasn't dropped. i think you're onto something. thanks for the report.

2 years ago

also i had the idea to allow multiple chests and loop through them round-robin when dropping loot.

it'd be nice but i don't know how feasible it is to convert them into requester chests that can have filters set and only drop loot into a specific chest if there's a filter.

2 years ago

I am not asking for filter I'm just thinking of this manual way of collection as previous case where i had u did some changes and instead of reimplementing that annoyance I think the fix would be the manual option how I'm not sure. Hopefully someone will help if ask around.

2 years ago

oh i can figure it out, it'll just take longer than a simple fix in the existing logic.

2 years ago

OK. Thanks hope u solve it :D

2 years ago
  • created new map with loot drops and lootchestups
  • spawned enemies, nuked a bunch, observed issue with default settings
  • modified the code
  • created new map, spawned enemies, nuked a bunch, no message and loot drops
  • created new map, disabled 'no collect' option, spawned enemies, nuked a bunch, message displays and no loot drops

the gap in testing before was validating that placing chest will drop items that were hidden before. correct?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Think so. At least it won't collect items pre existing/spawned. As I'm unsure what u mean exactly. Sound correct think I know u mean tho still unsure as I'm not 100% in code language :p

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697564089907675217/846193567977570364/unknown.png

I would say this is a bit miss leading. As for the text that is on the tip. It tells me after placing the chest I would see loot new and pre-existing be picked up tho sadly that dose not happen.

again GL hope u solve it

2 years ago

yeah that's the issue i mentioned before.

2 years ago

well u continue hope again u solve it. And may we talk again soon.

2 years ago

Figured out things yet ? Just wonder where u are at. & Thanks for keeping it up to date.

2 years ago

Hey chief, I think I'm still having this problem with the alien loot economy mod. I notice the chest is sometimes filling up with ores but a lot of them also stay lying on the ground. Any idea for a fix yet?

2 years ago

well, it doesn't scan the ground for items. it captures them as they die.

2 years ago

Then the items don't get captured. They weren't there before and they appear where biters die

2 years ago

well, it doesn't scan the ground for items. it captures them as they die.

Would it be posseible to add a no cheat command or a shortcut to trigger a manual ground clean up, so it's not tanking ups constently as that's the point of this mod. Also limit the pickup to only generated chunks so it don't last for ever. Or limet it to 3x3 or 5x5. Tho that can be made as an option depending on good/bad pc. so it a choice out from what they can handle reducing the lag spike at the point of runung the cleaning.

2 years ago

nope, you're better off to use editor mode for that with a deconstruction planner set to "items on ground".

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Just Way? would belive it's possible and the way u suggest is F***ing anoying and the point with mods is to make it easier in some occations at least this kind of mod.

2 years ago

because scanning the ground just isn't what the mod does. if you want that, you can learn how to create a mod and make it happen. i barely have time to maintain this anyway, I'll just mark it deprecated.

This thread has been locked.