Loot Chest UPS

by ptx0

UPS friendly, Space Exploration-centric fork of LootChestPlus. Supports all loot added to entity prototype (TheDeadBurn, Alien Loot Economy, Bobenemies). Attempts to accumulate uncollected loot in a game-engine-friendly manner. Adds Multi-Surface support for SE, allowing you to make things easier or harder.

Content
2 years ago
Logistics

g A hopeful change

3 years ago

a setting to remove the accumulation as fore when I don't have the chest.

Don't like them getting deleted

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697564089907675219/826503680005111888/unknown.png

3 years ago

{ type = "bool-setting", name = "loot-chest-ups-nocollect", setting_type = "runtime-global", default_value = true },

people never check in the mod settings.

it's literally already there.

3 years ago

they are also not being deleted when you don't have a chest placed. they queue up and all dump into the chest at once when you place one.

3 years ago

I always check setting before I play. Since never play with defaults. Tho I haven't seen any. so way assume people don't look at settings. Well I might have over looked.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697564089907675219/826514627478290502/unknown.png
I even have all of them ON

Also what do u mean by silently accumulated: slowly picked up?

3 years ago

there's a table in the code that holds a list of all items that should have been dropped, and removes them from the ground.

then, when the box is placed, the table is dumped into the chest as items and the table is emptied.

i suppose there could be a bug in the implementation. i'll look into this evening after work.

3 years ago

ok. million thanks

3 years ago

can you try unchecking the no collection option?

3 years ago

ok. what u want to happen ?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

well if that's unchecked it all disappears. instantly. unless u mean uncheck the use default chest if no is represented

3 years ago

If not to quick to apply to this again the bottom one is making the message

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697564089907675219/826810746318094396/unknown.png

3 years ago

so you DO see enemy loot drops with the option enabled to see them?

3 years ago

if you just want to disable the message that's in per-player tab.

3 years ago

Not exactly want to disable the message. More that it causes a possible loss, is what I don't want. Since that's what the message sed in my understanding.

Other wise haven't had any problem seeing the loot at all time. That's all fine as is. Tho out of current settings the bottom setting apparently seem to be the one slowly accumulating the artifact's that might be lost as it says again if that's how I'm suppose to take it.

3 years ago

okay i understand now. the message is not properly taking into account the one option, only the other.

you can ignore / disable the message safely so long as you're seeing any loot drop, it's all dropping.

3 years ago

are you on space-exploration by any chance with multiple surfaces?

3 years ago

As I'm referring to this message:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697564089907675219/826503680005111888/unknown.png
Where it says it might be lost if I wait to long. That's what I don't want. & had a hope to change. but after disabling the bottom setting it might have stopped slow accumulation. For sure I don't know if that true.

3 years ago

are you on space-exploration by any chance with multiple surfaces?

No. I'm not tho I have an other game I do.

3 years ago

should be fixed in 1.1.6

3 years ago
  • created new map with loot drops and lootchestups
  • spawned enemies, nuked a bunch, observed issue with default settings
  • modified the code
  • created new map, spawned enemies, nuked a bunch, no message and loot drops
  • created new map, disabled 'no collect' option, spawned enemies, nuked a bunch, message displays and no loot drops
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Sounded correct now. Thanks a million

2 years ago

Can this mod be added to an existing game? I built a chest and I see many biters dying and their loot being auto marked for collection as before, "pollution solutions fix" does that automatically. However nothing shows up in the box. Perhaps the auto marking for deconstruction by the mod is blocking the box from magically picking it up?

2 years ago

i'll mark that mod incompatible, thanks for the report

This thread has been locked.