Loot Chest+

by hanes

Automagically collects all the loot, on all surfaces. Useful in combination with artillery. Convenient for mods that add loot when aliens die, like Bob's mods, Necromant, Reika's EndgameCombat, Alien Loot Economy and Alien Space Science. The chest acts now as a passive provider chest and gets unlocked with logistic-robotics tech.

Content
1 year, 30 days ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics Logistic network Storage

g Loot is being deleted when no loot chest is available

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Loot does not show up in-game at all with a console message "No loot chest is placed, loot cannot be collected"

In control.lua:36-55, you are clearing the Loot after it has been stored in the variable.
But you're not checking if a loot chest exists prior to this point, and is deleted.

I think you should have Loot Chest Check covering the entire on_entity_died event

Pseudocode
On_Event(Entity Died)

If (Is spitter or biter or worm or nest) then
If Loot.Chest.Valid then
--Run normal code--
end

end

3 years ago

it's being stored and then later when the chest is there, it's dumped. but if you want options, use my experimental version, it has some settings for you.

3 years ago

As ptx0 says, nothing's lost. As soon as you place the chest, the loot gets placed inside. So, depending on your biter settings it can be quite a lot loot that has accumulated. But for that I made a setting to adjust the chest size.

In ptx0's version you have the option that the loot stays on ground as normal after you killed a nest or worm.

3 years ago

as in ptx0's version I think it should be available to players before the tech is unlocked.
Some mod kick Blue Science to late game, but alien science a bit earlier

I think it should be unlocked earlier, or a non-logistic version unlocked earlier.

Or as in ptx0, drop the items on the ground
Either until the Tech is researched, or the chest is placed.

3 years ago

yeah i like the idea of a non-logistic early version for some mods even perhaps with a smaller slot count.

3 years ago

Would u consider a setting for this ?

3 years ago

that exists in the LootChestUPS version.

3 years ago

well they don't appear after either so u need to fix it as it dose delete all artifacts u basically could have gained before having the chest

3 years ago

that exists in the LootChestUPS version.

I will be using it instead. Ty

3 years ago

no, it doesn't delete them.

3 years ago

no, it doesn't delete them.

Then way did it not appear after placing chest even tho I had killed biters ?

3 years ago

would need to have a copy of the save file from before and after.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Not bothering just using yours instead. Tho u can recrate by installing this mod Creative mod Darkstar & Bob's. Fist time make the save without cheats enabled then load save again after with cheats on.

2 years ago

issue still present. loot deleted from game completely (and not placed in loot chest once loot chest obtained)

2 years ago

I can't provide you with a video, but some steps to reproduce the proof that nothing's lost:

• Start a random sandbox game (take all the research)
  • get some grenades
  • DON'T place down a loot-chest and don't kill the nests in your starter-area, we'll need them later, instead
  • go 60-70 chunks in one direction, where the biter nests get really big
  • destroy several of the biter clusters, message should pop up that no chest is placed, that's ok
  • after the killing spree, the more the better! go back in your starter area
  • now place down a loot chest and kill a small nest, usually are 1-2 nest and 1-2 worms. should give about 15-20 loot
  • look inside the loot-chest
  • :3

New response