Logistic Network Channels

Adds communication channels to logistic networks. Logistic entities can be assigned to different channels, and will only form a network with other entities on the same channel. This allows for creating separate logistic networks in areas where they would normally overlap and be merged by the game into one network.

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistic network

g Deconstruction and BP Issues

2 years ago

Okay, so I tried the friend blueprint that you mentioned in a thread and it either didn't work or I'm to stupid to realize how it works. I can't select any roboport that is not on channel 0 for a BP which as you've mentioned is a known already (unless the friend BP mod should fix that but didn't work for me). That honestly is not a super big problem for me though, I can just design a BP and set the roboports afterwards, it's a bit manual labor but the mod will do exactly what I want it to do (and has been tested to my liking).

But... There is a major problem. Any roboport (and chest) that is not on channel 0... CAN'T be selected by the deconstruction planer, which means that I have to manually delete everything. Or have a fresh BP which I can place over to reset the tiles, both of which is tedious at best and eliminates the need for this mod at worst. Is there any way I can, select channel 0> with the deconstruction planner? Otherwise I'm sad to say this is not the mod for me (although I love it)

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

Hi, thanks for trying the mod!

Any roboport (and chest) that is not on channel 0... CAN'T be selected by the deconstruction planer, which means that I have to manually delete everything.

You're correct, the deconstruction planner won't be able to select entities that aren't on channel 0. There is a workaround however, you can use the Channel Changer tool to select and reassign all entities to channel 0. Then use the deconstruction planner again, and now it should work. Still an extra step, but it avoids having to manually delete any entities.

Blueprinting and deconstruction are still a bit of a problem. There are limits to what the mod API allows when it comes to tweaking the built-in tools, which is the reason why Friend Blueprints exists in the first place. Sorry it didn't work for you...I'm still hopeful that I can find a way to make it all work better in the future.

1 year, 5 months ago

Ask devs for implementation. I bet they will help adding API.

New response