Logistic Network Channels

Adds communication channels to logistic networks. Logistic entities can be assigned to different channels, and will only form a network with other entities on the same channel. This allows for creating separate logistic networks in areas where they would normally overlap and be merged by the game into one network.

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistic network

i Ignore channels for Ghosts/Blue Prints - Add selectable channels for personal logistics

2 years ago

Your description states that you can not support BPs and Personal Logistics with your channels solution.

My idea here is to ignore the channel for any placed Ghost/BP, if possible.
The 2nd idea is to implement, like LTN Combinator mod it does, a GUI, where you can select the networks where you want to stay in.
This would maybe help for the personal logistics so that you can be either on specific channels or on no channel (disabled pL) or on all channels.

Maybe you can ask the modder of LTN Combinator and also the LTN modder to help with this part of your mod so that maybe a few limitations can
be eliminated.

Would be nice :)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hello, thanks for the feedback! My thoughts below:

My idea here is to ignore the channel for any placed Ghost/BP, if possible.

Placing blueprints already works like you suggest; everything goes to the default channel and once built, you can use the channel changer tool to fix things. It's when you go to create a blueprint where it might not work quite like you'd expect. The built-in blueprint tool only captures entities that are on the same exact force as the player; there's no way to get it to capture entities from friend/ally forces as well. So if you try and make a blueprint or copy/paste a section, it will be missing any entities that are on non-default logistic network channels.

I have another mod called Friend Blueprints that adds a modded blueprint tool which will capture entities from both the player force and also friend/ally forces. But, it's a little hacked-together, and the mod API limitations have made it so far impossible for me to exactly replicate the built-in blueprint experience.

The 2nd idea is to implement, like LTN Combinator mod it does, a GUI, where you can select the networks where you want to stay in.
This would maybe help for the personal logistics so that you can be either on specific channels or on no channel (disabled pL) or on all channels.

Well, because of how channels/forces work, it won't be possible for the player to be a member of multiple channels at the same time. However, it might be possible for the player to switch which channel they are a part of, so they can temporarily get logistic deliveries from another channel. I have an item on my Github roadmap to investigate this. The way I'm picturing it now would be to have the channel editor GUI appear in the corner when you open the character sheet / inventory. But I'll take a look at LTN Combinator too, for inspiration...thanks for the suggestion :)

New response