Logistic Network Channels

Adds communication channels to logistic networks. Logistic entities can be assigned to different channels, and will only form a network with other entities on the same channel. This allows for creating separate logistic networks in areas where they would normally overlap and be merged by the game into one network.

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistic network

b Crash with 1.1.0 [resolved]

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

My Logistic Network Channels mods crashed reproduceable every time I close a GUI of an entity. (Krastorio 2, Space Exploration and like a million other mods)

Feel free to reach out to me In case you need additional information. Not sure what debug information you might need.

Error while running event LogiNetChannels::on_gui_closed (ID 86)
LogiNetChannels/control.lua:236: attempt to index field 'selected' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
LogiNetChannels/control.lua:236: in function 'update_hover_gui'
LogiNetChannels/control.lua:159: in function 'set_channels'
LogiNetChannels/control.lua:122: in function 'set_channel'
LogiNetChannels/control.lua:504: in function <LogiNetChannels/control.lua:495>

P.S. do you prefer bugreports here or in the git ?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi Karoschel, thanks for the report! I have a few questions:

1. Is it closing the GUI for a particular type of entity that causes the crash, or any logistics-related entity, or literally any entity at all?
  2. Just before the crash, when the entity is still open - what Logistic Network Channel mod GUI(s) do you see in the upper left corner - editor GUI, hover GUI, or both? (editor GUI has a solid background and provides controls to change the channel of the opened entity; hover GUI has a transparent background and is meant to provide channel information for the entity that the mouse is hovering over)
  3. How are you closing the GUI - 'e' key, 'x' button, or other?
  4. Are you the only player on this map, or have there been other players (either now or in the past)?

If you are able to provide the savefile, that would be helpful too.

P.S. do you prefer bugreports here or in the git ?

Either is fine. Most people seem to post reports here, but I check both.

2 years ago

I just released mod version 1.1.1, which I think has a decent chance of resolving your issue. Let me know if it works for you or not.

2 years ago

It looks like 1.1.1 fixed the issue. The Crash with AAI seems also gone.

To be sure some answers anyways:
1.a) What Crashed:
- Vehicle with equippment grid and personal roboport eqipped
- Roboport
- AAI Signal Transmissions Transciever(crashed on click/select, with a slightly different error): The mod AAI Signal Transmission (0.4.4) caused a non-recoverable error. Error while running event aai-signal-transmission::on_gui_opened (ID 85); Error while running event LogiNetChannels::on_gui_closed (ID 86)
1.b) Didnt Crash:
- Assembler
- Power pole
2.)
- Editor GUI
3.)
- "Pressing Escape",
- "clicking x"
4. )
- Currently Singleplayer, but it is a MP-save
- Tested with 2 maps one old K2+SE Savegame and a vanilla Save that has never seen mods before.

2 years ago

Thanks for the testing, glad to hear it's working for you now!

New response