Logistic Network Channels

Adds communication channels to logistic networks. Logistic entities can be assigned to different channels, and will only form a network with other entities on the same channel. This allows for creating separate logistic networks in areas where they would normally overlap and be merged by the game into one network.

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistic network

b Crash after update [resolved]

3 years ago

On loading save:

The mod Logistic Network Channels (1.1.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event LogiNetChannels::on_configuration_changed
The mod Logistic Network Channels (1.1.0) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event LogiNetChannels::on_research_finished (ID 18)
The mod Recipe Book (2.5.2) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event RecipeBook::on_research_finished (ID 18)
RecipeBook/scripts/global-data.lua:107: attempt to index local 'technology_data' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RecipeBook/scripts/global-data.lua:107: in function 'handle_research_updated'
RecipeBook/control.lua:81: in function <RecipeBook/control.lua:79>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'newindex'
__LogiNetChannels
/control.lua:286: in function 'syncTech'
LogiNetChannels/control.lua:296: in function 'syncSingleTechToChannels'
LogiNetChannels/control.lua:540: in function <LogiNetChannels/control.lua:538>
__LogiNetChannels
/control.lua:331: in function 'syncChannelTechEnabled'
LogiNetChannels/control.lua:355: in function <LogiNetChannels/control.lua:351>
stack traceback:
__LogiNetChannels
/control.lua:331: in function 'syncChannelTechEnabled'
LogiNetChannels/control.lua:355: in function <LogiNetChannels/control.lua:351>

3 years ago

Hi AngrySlipper, thanks for the report. I was able to reproduce the problem. I have a theory on what may have gone wrong, but I will need to consult with raiguard to confirm. The good news is, I did find a workaround:

1. In the Mods menu, disable the Logistic Network Channels mod (leave Recipe Book enabled)
  2. Load your game. Factorio will warn about mods being removed; ignore this warning and load anyways (be sure to use the 'Load' button, and not 'Sync mods and load')
  3. Save your game (save a copy, just to be safe)
  4. Return to the main menu and enable Logistic Network Channels again from the Mods menu
  5. Load the saved copy of the game. It should now load successfully.

Note that you will need to re-add any channel labels you may have configured. However, the channel setting itself should still be configured as before (channels are defined by the channel force, which is preserved even when the mod is unloaded). Keep the original copy of the save around for a while, just to be safe, but I think you'll be okay.

Note that you could as an alternative follow the steps above but with removing and re-adding Recipe Book instead of Logistic Network Channels. However, I'm not sure if that might break anything for Recipe Book, so to be safe, I'd recommend trying it first the way I described above.

3 years ago

Note - at this time, I believe the issue likely only affects savegames that are running both Logistic Network Channels and Recipe Book, which are attempting to update from Logistic Network Channels 1.0.x to 1.1.x. If anyone experiences a similar error with a different mod combination, please let me know.

3 years ago

I can confirm that proposed workaround works. Thanks.

3 years ago

Thanks for confirming. Also, an update: I opened an issue on the Recipe Book Github page, and raiguard said will be pushing a more permanent fix soon. Details here: https://github.com/raiguard/Factorio-RecipeBook/issues/51

New response