Logistic Network Channels

Adds communication channels to logistic networks. Logistic entities can be assigned to different channels, and will only form a network with other entities on the same channel. This allows for creating separate logistic networks in areas where they would normally overlap and be merged by the game into one network.

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistic network

i Tool to set channels [Implemented]

3 years ago

Add a tool on a hotkey and/or on the new toolbar that lets you select all entities that should change the channel. The tool can select the entities similar to selecting entities with the cut tool or the blueprint tool. The mod Transfer of entities does a very similar thing (Though it crashes on my setup after selecting anything). Then there is also no need for a GUI popping up for some special entities, which might make it more compatible.
This would make it a lot better to retroactively split logistic systems, as you cant just copy, paste between requester chests.
It could also make it easier to select things that can just connect and read from the logistic network, like inserters, though I can understand if it is just not possible to have inserters or pumps of different forces work together. This is not that much of an issue though, as it is possible to workaround this with circuit wires to roboports.

3 years ago

Sometimes I wonder if y'all are reading my mind :) I've actually been working on this exact feature for version 1.1. The code is nearly ready, it just needs some more polish. I'm hoping to have it released before this weekend.

3 years ago

Does that version include logistic channels for entites that can read from the logistic network, like inserters? I decoupled the network that supplies my nuclear reactors with fuel and didn't notice that the inserter that is limited by the logistic system stopped adding fuel cells into the provider chest...

3 years ago

Yeah, it'll include inserters and other network-reading entities (belts, pumps, etc.), when they are configured to connect to a network. I think you'll find it's easier to avoid mistakes with the new selection-tool...in addition to letting you change channels via area select, you will also be able to see a badge over all logistic entities showing their current channel number while you're holding the selection-tool. So you can easily check at a glance if everything is configured correctly.

3 years ago

Nice, that was another idea I had, but forgot it when I left the shower...

3 years ago

1.1 is now released! I'm going to mark this thread as resolved, but if you run into any problems, just let me know!

New response