Logistic Network Channels

Adds communication channels to logistic networks. Logistic entities can be assigned to different channels, and will only form a network with other entities on the same channel. This allows for creating separate logistic networks in areas where they would normally overlap and be merged by the game into one network.

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistic network

b inserter not reading content correctly [Resolved]

4 years ago

hello i wanted to use this mod but my inserter reads the logistics-network contents from the wrong network
https://prnt.sc/r0hytv

4 years ago

Hi, sorry for the slow reply. Can you tell me what mod(s) you are using so I can try and reproduce the problem? In particular which mod adds the "Inserter Mk 4" that can connect directly to logistic networks? Thanks

4 years ago

Actually I finally figured out how to reproduce it in vanilla, so nevermind about the mods list. It seems like the inserters are always reading from Channel 0. I'll look into it, hopefully it's something I can fix and not a limitation...

4 years ago

It looks like for whatever reason the inserter will continue to read from the network it was originally part of even if it changes forces. As a workaround, you can try disconnecting and reconnecting the logistic connection after you change channels (uncheck and recheck the "Connect" checkbox, it should remember settings). I think I can probably integrate the workaround into the code, I'll give it a try anyways...

4 years ago

As this seems to be a bug with inserters, I submitted a bug report on the Factorio forums, you can follow it here: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81490

4 years ago

The inserter bug was fixed already by the awesome Factorio dev team; I confirmed the inserters work properly with channels now in Factorio 0.18.9

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Just a note - for existing maps you will still need to toggle the condition on and off to fix existing inserters. But for new inserters they should work just fine when configuring the channel now.

New response