Logistic Network Channels

Adds communication channels to logistic networks. Logistic entities can be assigned to different channels, and will only form a network with other entities on the same channel. This allows for creating separate logistic networks in areas where they would normally overlap and be merged by the game into one network.

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistic network

i Add a special chest

4 years ago

I had an idea, it's to add a box like the buffer box, but which does better than that, for the requests we could choose on what network it is and make the request, and for the storage/supplier we choose another network.

4 years ago

You can transfer goods between networks using two chests on different channels with an inserter between them. Also the way the channels are technically implemented, I'm not sure it would be possible to have a chest work with multiple networks

4 years ago

precisely to avoid putting two chests and one inserter between.

I had to do this system (see screen), to be able to better manage my supply of materials that I need in the green boxes, because in my green boxes I require several resources, so to manage my production in the store it is complicated because I read the content of the logistics network, then I add my requests in constant transmitters, so I couldn't produce some materials anymore because I had them in my green boxes, so I opted for your mod but I miss this feature even if I understand that it's not so easy to set it up, because it will allow me to request materials on network 1 and that the storage of the box is available on network 2 so I don't read the content of these boxes in network 1 anymore

https://www.cjoint.com/c/IHFnaYh5dmY

https://www.cjoint.com/c/IHFnbuF86wY

4 years ago

Hello, I have a problem when I change the logistics network my roboports, they contain robots, so when I change the network, my logistics robots work normally but not the construction robots

4 years ago

Hi, sorry for the late reply. This is a known limitation (see #2 in the Limitations list). Unfortunately, construction robots will only repair entities that are part of the same force. Since channels are implemented using forces, construction robots will only repair logistic entities that are assigned to the same channel. Same with player logistic deliveries, logistic bots will only deliver to players on the same force/channel. So it is recommended to keep all construction bots in roboports on channel 0 (the main player force), as well as logistic chests and bots for player delivery.

4 years ago

Also, regarding your buffer box suggestion - I think I understand it now, and I agree it would be useful. Basically a buffer chest, but where the request function and delivery function are assigned different channels. I'm not sure it's technically possible, but I will investigate.

4 years ago

Yes, that's exactly what I'd like, if possible.

New response