Logistic Network Channels

Adds communication channels to logistic networks. Logistic entities can be assigned to different channels, and will only form a network with other entities on the same channel. This allows for creating separate logistic networks in areas where they would normally overlap and be merged by the game into one network.

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistic network

b Blueprint with network channel [Resolved]

4 years ago

I can't create a blueprint with a network channel assigned, is this normal?

4 years ago

Could be a bug, could be a limitation...I'll note it as an issue, thanks

4 years ago

See this forum post: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=71527

Seems to be a limitation. Maybe I can work around it, but probably not anytime soon...

4 years ago

You could try to hook into on_player_setup_blueprint, scan the area for other forces, create temporary copies for all entites on other forces (to prevent robot confusion that would be caused by actually changing the force), then call create_blueprint on the cursor stack and delete the temporary entities.

It's as hacky as hacks get, but might work. And the cleaner alternative - to create the whole blueprint from find_entities() by yourself - would be a heap of annoying redundant code.

4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it!

4 years ago

Update: I have a new mod, Friend Blueprints, that should help with this. It adds a new blueprinting tool that will select both player and friend force entities. With that tool you can at least create a blueprint that includes the channel entities. Although it doesn't seem to remember the channel setting when the blueprint is stamped, so I may have to tinker with it a little more.

3 months ago

Update 2: blueprinting of friendly force entities is now supported by the base game! Marking this thread as resolved.

New response