Kuxynator's Smart Linked Chests

Alternate expandable Crashsite Logistic using smart linked chests. - UPS optimized logistic for mass transport - tries to be not overpowered as the (hidden) native linked chest. - highly configurable

Content
4 months ago
Logistics Storage

b [TODO BUG] Desyncs in multiplayer

30 days ago

Are you using local variables outside the score of a function. Because we're getting alot of desyncs in multiplayer.

28 days ago

Completely unplayable in multiplayer mode and in Oarc

26 days ago
(updated 26 days ago)

Apologies for the circumstances. I have added it to my TODO list.
But at the moment I only have a limited amount of time for Factorio mod development.
I dont develop mods for multiplayer. I do try to make it possible in my mods, but the way Wube has implemented this is fundamentally too error-prone.
If you know anyone who is familiar with multiplayer mod development, I'd be happy to take a few more lessons.

25 days ago

The major issue with desync is when a mod uses a local variable and that variable changes outside the scope of a function. To resolve this you would use: global.variable name, which is sync'd when players join multiplayer.
More information on desync's and how to debug using the desync report:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Desynchronization#:~:text=Desyncs%20can%20be%20caused%20either,not%20occur%20during%20regular%20play.

I modified Enders Linked Chests in my multiplayer mod, so that will have to suffice for us for now. Your mod is superior, but will require changes to make work with multiplayer and Oarc. I suspect your out of range is based on 0,0 being the spawn point, which is never the case with Oarc multiplayer. So that eliminates any chance I will pursue a fix to use it within Oarc games. I noticed your checking nauvis or global surfaces, but Oarc games are on oarc surface.

New response