Kuxynator's Smart Linked Chests

Alternate expandable Crashsite Logistic using smart linked chests. - UPS optimized logistic for mass transport - tries to be not overpowered as the (hidden) native linked chest. - highly configurable

Content
4 months ago
Logistics Storage

i Feature Request: Pasted Item Cycling from Unichest

3 months ago

While looking through other mods yesterday, I came across Unichest (which is listed as one of the inspirations for this mod), and I noticed it has one particularly incredible feature that I'd love to have, which isn't replicated here.

In Unichest, when using Shift + Right Click and then Shift + Left Click to copy and paste a recipe to a chest, instead of copying all of the items to one chest, it copies them one at a time and cycles through them with each chest you're pasting to.

Both functionalities are useful, so being able to do either would be the best of both worlds. Still, whether I make a combined chest to pass ingredients to assemblers with a single inserter or I put a chest for each ingredient next to the assembler, I still wind up needing to set up a chest for every ingredient (either to combine or to pass in). Right now, my workflow involves copy-pasting an assembler's recipe into one chest per ingredient and then consecutively opening each one and deleting all but one item by right-clicking it. If they cycled (maybe only when shift is held down or something?) I could set up a new assembler in about two seconds.

The second animation on the Unichest page shows this feature extremely well I think.

3 months ago

Simply use the SmartLink tool. Mark an assember and the right number of chests, will allocate exactly one item per chest.
I'll keep your suggestion in mind for a time when I have too much time on my hands.

New response