Kuxynator's Smart Linked Chests

Alternate expandable Crashsite Logistic using smart linked chests. - UPS optimized logistic for mass transport - tries to be not overpowered as the (hidden) native linked chest. - highly configurable

Content
4 months ago
Logistics Storage

b [FIXED in 2.0.14] Non-recoverable error when deleting chest used by personal logistics

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)
The mod Kuxynator's Smart Linked Chests (2.0.13) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Kux-SmartLinkedChests::on_nth_tick(61)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function '__index'
    __Kux-SmartLinkedChests__/modules/PersonalItemRequest.lua:142: in function 'request_item'
    __Kux-SmartLinkedChests__/modules/PersonalItemRequest.lua:173: in function 'check_missing_items'
    __Kux-SmartLinkedChests__/modules/PersonalItemRequest.lua:187: in function 'fnc'
    __Kux-CoreLib__/lib/EventDistributor.lua:147: in function <__Kux-CoreLib__/lib/EventDistributor.lua:143>

Hopefully, that is formatted correctly! I figure this isn't a big deal given that the personal logistics stuff is currently listed as experimental. Basically, what happens is that I have a machine producing something I'm using but not as fast as I'm using it, so I'm receiving a continuous trickle of the item from a nearby smart linked surface chest while I'm building with it. If I remove the chest while this is ongoing, it seems to cause a crash. Presumably, it's trying to run an API call on the chest when it no longer exists, and could use some error handling.

Edit: This is with the currently latest version by the way. 2.0.13.

Edit2: A bit of further testing reveals this does not appear to be related to Factorissimo or anything else unusual, I can recreate it fairly easily by removing a chest within my range that contains any item which the logistics appears to be trying to grab at about the same time.

Edit3: It appears to be related to having an unfulfilled logistics request. Removing the logistics request allows you to safely remove any chests that could have been capable of fulfilling it. Otherwise, removing a chest which is keyed to hold an item that you want to get more of will cause an issue when the mod scans to see if there's any of them available I suppose?

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

thanks for this advanced report.
the logic for finding the surrounding chests has to be revised. at present it is cached if the charakter has moved only.
it is therefore entirely possible that a cached chest no longer exists in the world. i will add a validation before usiing it.
BTW new chests will be found also only after the character moved.

4 months ago

Interesting! It's a very cool feature, and I'm very much looking forward to its full rollout. As it is, I mostly just turn on and off personal logistics once in a while as I run through my mall and it'll fill up all my requests in a couple of seconds.

When I need more of a specific thing while I'm further away I'll just plop down a chest, set it using the ghost from my hotbar, and then grab a stack of whatever.

4 months ago

I've just seen the fix in 2.0.14 and this appears to be resolved! Thanks very much. That was the only thing holding me back from just leaving my Personal Logistics on all the time. Now even when bots aren't around, just walking near my mall can fill me up on critical things! Thanks very much!

New response