Kuxynator's Smart Linked Chests

Alternate expandable Crashsite Logistic using smart linked chests. - UPS optimized logistic for mass transport - tries to be not overpowered as the (hidden) native linked chest. - highly configurable

Content
4 months ago
Logistics Storage

b [FIXED] crash - chest not openable as a result of having died while setting chest filters in the gui.

6 months ago

The mod Kuxynator's Smart Linked Chests (2.0.9) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Kux-SmartLinkedChests::on_gui_opened (ID 88)
Kux-SmartLinkedChests/modules/ChestGui.lua:255: Data for link_id 888888888 not found
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
Kux-SmartLinkedChests/modules/ChestGui.lua:255: in function 'fnc'
Kux-CoreLib/lib/EventDistributor.lua:157: in function <Kux-CoreLib/lib/EventDistributor.lua:151>

The death that lead to this came from an Archipelago multiworld death link. Since those are unpredictable as to when they happen, I was unaware of a bug that could be created when you die while you are setting filters using the gui. but as a result of the death, the gui got improperly destroyed, and as such, when the top chest beside the one assembling machine that has yet to have its recipe set is clicked on, the mod crashes instantly. It can be worked around by mining the chest, and placing it back down as a new chest, but the point is that clicking on a chest with an ID that the mod has not yet seen should NOT crash the mod. (I was able to make the save because Archipelago makes me run a headless server, which I then connect to and it was that headless server that crashed with the error, so I knew right then and there to make the save, not only to see if I could salvage it, but also to later report this bug.)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/wqizsqm55rokzig602cww/h?rlkey=u85f6b48exdv1twa4kvz5k5cu&dl=0 - contains the save file "saves/crash_to_maybe_report.zip" and the Archipelago seed mod file "mods/AP-57846859293574968780-P4-CaitSith2_Fact_0.4.3.zip"

https://i.imgur.com/OSPZwXy.png - screenshot for the chest to click on in that save.

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

sounds like complicated case
I dont know what a "Archipelago multiworld death link." is.
But link_id 888888888 is an id i use temporary while the GUI is open. this id will be changed, if the GUI is closed properly.
OK, you say the GUI is improperly destroyed. if I get no on_gui_closed. I can not apply the changes and i can not clean up the chest.
it should not be possible to set a new chest with Id 888888888. new chest have the last used chest id (if this option is enabled)
or 0. I can check if 888888888 is accidentally saved as the last ID.
BTW each chest the mod has seen in on_entity_built, but i think you mean the UI was not yet opened for this chest ;-)

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

resolving step by step. please try the current version.

6 months ago

Seems to be fixed. Now the only risk with manually setting chests where a death can come at any time now, is that I just have to reset the chest as if it was back at its initial state.

6 months ago

As I haven't yet understood why a death can come at any time , it's difficult to do anything about it.

New response