Kuxynator's Smart Linked Chests

Alternate expandable Crashsite Logistic using smart linked chests. - UPS optimized logistic for mass transport - tries to be not overpowered as the (hidden) native linked chest. - highly configurable

Content
4 months ago
Logistics Storage

b [FIXED] Crash

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Was adding a blueprint consisting solely from powerpoles (was expanding cityblocks) and got a crush:

10882.103 Error MainLoop.cpp:1382: Exception at tick 10438905: The mod Kuxynator's Smart Linked Chests (2.0.2) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Kux-SmartLinkedChests::on_pre_build (ID 9)
LuaEntity doesn't contain key ghost_.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__Kux-SmartLinkedChests
/events/on_pre_build.lua:50: in function 'func'
stdlib/stdlib/utils/table.lua:116: in function 'each'
Kux-SmartLinkedChests/events/on_pre_build.lua:49: in function 'fnc'
Kux-CoreLib/lib/EventDistributor.lua:157: in function <Kux-CoreLib/lib/EventDistributor.lua:151>
10893.807 Info BlueprintShelf.cpp:724: Saving blueprint storage.

For some reason that ticked only on adding the second identical blueprint so maybe it was not connected...

8 months ago

I see you already made a new version, guess my report wasn't first :)

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

I do play currently with my mods, to stabilize them. So I find some bugs und fix them fast.

7 months ago

Do you plan on adding unipipe part to your mod? Unipipe itself is implemented veeeery bad :(

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

factorio nativily supports no "linked-pipe" so all solutions would not so UPS efficient as a-linked chest.
UniPipe gets around this by turning the liquids into solids and then distributing them via linked-chest. This is a great idea. But yes you are right UniPipe needs some improvements. at present I am work allready on two mods, so a new "linked-pipe" mod is still a long way off. In the meantime, I'm just using Omnifluid myself. then there are just no liquids ;-)

7 months ago

Found a strange bug and am not sure if this is a problem with your mod.... I used Unichest a lot before your mod came out and added yours to it (as you mentioned that it should be working together).
Now if i copy paste any unichest - it turns its contents to limited to 0 slots (which stops all production with that item). Started acting like this after your mod, so i am writing here instead of there.....

7 months ago

Seems like a problem with mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LinkedChestAndPipe and not yours. Sorry for false alarm.

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

I can not guarantee that other mods try to be compatible ;-)
another point, please dont use an existing thread for a new topic, create a new thread please, for the sake of clarity. thanks.
If you just want to chat, contact me via Discord or Telegram

New response