Kuxynator's Slim-Inserters

<Experimental> A new approach to inserters: they are attached directly to machines, chest and belts: Build more compact! Also Introducing double- and dual -inserters: Use 2 inserters on one tile and fill 2 lanes simultaneously. New: Full configurable with Smart Inserters mod

Content
10 months ago
Logistics

b [BUG:1] creative-mod revive_entity_ghost_and_raise_event

1 year, 22 days ago

Error while running event Kux-SlimInserters::script_raised_revive (ID 81)
Kux-SlimInserters/lib/Entity.lua:535: attempt to index global 'surface' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Kux-SlimInserters/lib/Entity.lua:535: in function <Kux-SlimInserters/lib/Entity.lua:517>
(...tail calls...)
Kux-SlimInserters/events/on_built_entity.lua:62: in function <Kux-SlimInserters/events/on_built_entity.lua:8>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'revive'
creative-mod/scripts/util.lua:229: in function 'revive_entity_ghost_and_raise_event'
creative-mod/scripts/cheats.lua:2658: in function 'tick'
creative-mod/scripts/events.lua:297: in function <creative-mod/scripts/events.lua:259>

1 year, 22 days ago

OK, I've found the reason for the exception in a piece of code of a case which is not yet implemented.

What exactly did you do before the crash?

1 year, 22 days ago

I placed a slim inserter over another slim inserter and then did it again. The game crashed.

1 year, 22 days ago
(updated 1 year, 22 days ago)

hmm, strange, I have already tested this several times and always do it myself.
There must be a difference, because I see that the Creative Mod triggers an event.

1 year, 21 days ago

crash is fixed, but I still do not know why the Creative Mod triggers the event.

1 year, 21 days ago

crash is fixed, but I still do not know why the Creative Mod triggers the event.

I apologize, but I don't think this issue has been fixed yet, as I tested it and the game still crashed in the same way.
Furthermore, I believe I have identified the connection between this crash and the Creative Mod. I had Instant Blueprint enabled, which means I didn't have slim inserters in my inventory; I got them for free through cheating. Then, when I placed them twice, the crash occurred.

1 year, 21 days ago

Thanks for the investigation, it helps me a lot to implement the support for Creative Mod.

New response