King's Turret Shields

by Kingdud

Forked from Turret-Shields by OwnlyMe. Cleaned up the code, removed a lot of options, internal tweaks to how power and damage affect the shield. Lightweight scripted shields with power consumption (configurable or researchable)

Content
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

i thank you

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

i'm thankful that you kept maintaining my mod and i was curious what you did so i tried it out
unfortunately i noticed a couple of issues that were not present in the original
- not big enough shield for fluid turret
- no visual representation of power outage (bars only get updated when they take damage the next time)
- misplaced shield bars
- lagspikes caused by iterating all entities at once every 60 ticks
- shield animation even when the shield is empty
- power outage penalty missing

1 year, 3 months ago

I wished you came back to modding Factorio. I felt like you really cared about your mods, and fixed issues that would come.

I just now realized after reading a different discussion thread, what the real reason for you leaving was.
I'm actually kind of glad, because when you first suddenly disappeared, I thought the worst and you where dying or something.

After reading that forum post, I understand your anger and resentment, because even if the dev team wouldn't fix the issue you brought up, at least they can spare the snarky and rude responses towards you. I know it would have pissed me off too if it was me in your shoes.

Regardles... Happy New Year -- 2023. We are heading towards a expansion pack for Factorio, and the base game is finished now. Maybe we can finally see the comeback of OwnlyMe? :) Stay safe.

New response