King's Turret Shields

by Kingdud

Forked from Turret-Shields by OwnlyMe. Cleaned up the code, removed a lot of options, internal tweaks to how power and damage affect the shield. Lightweight scripted shields with power consumption (configurable or researchable)

Content
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b Crash, dont know why

3 years ago

My game crashed while i was attacked, did not happened before.

https://imgur.com/a/82bFnVE

3 years ago

Give the latest mod version a try. Tell me if that fixes it. Just re-load your save, and if it doesn't crash in the next 5 minutes, it probably fixed the issue. If not, reload your save one more time, open the console (~; the key to the left of 1 on most keyboards) and type in 'kts reset' (this is NOT a console command, it's just a chat string). That should make the problem go away.

3 years ago

Don't have the save anymore when it crashed :/ And it did not happened after reload.

"Version: 1.100.11
Date: 9/14/2020
Changes:
- Repair Turret mod is now marked as incompatible with this one. It causes some sort of duplicate entity problem."

I use Repair Turret :'(

3 years ago

shame, i do to... i really want to use this though its way better than the original one most my friends i play with have slow connections so this is amazing...

3 years ago

Build your concrete walls behind your shields. Use NuclearRebalance and EnhancedGridEnergyStores to solve the power problems in your bases. Need for repair turrets gone! :)

3 years ago

Maybe that block on Repair Turrets isn't needed anymore since we resolved the issue as being unrelated? Unless there are other problems that weren't related to what I had.

3 years ago

This wasn't the only thread where repairturrets was causing problems.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

That's unfortunate and kind of breaks this mod for me since at the moment my base requires the turrets until I can do a pretty big rebuild. I wish there was a way to override incompatibility marking even knowing it might break something haha.

3 years ago

There is: unzip the mod in the mods folder, go into info.json, remove the line "!Repair_Turrets > 0.0.1",

3 years ago

Awesome thanks again!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Build your concrete walls behind your shields. Use NuclearRebalance and EnhancedGridEnergyStores to solve the power problems in your bases. Need for repair turrets gone! :)

Repair turret are there to keep the stupid bots from getting killed not because of power issues. Plus it allows me to auto repair the walls earlier.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The original mod does not have issues with Repair Turrets. You created the incompatibility with Repair Turrets then blamed it on Klonan. I mean, Klonan is a developer of Factorio. Wouldn't it stand to reason that his code is more compatible with the game?

Don't get me wrong, please. I really like the direction you are taking your mod with simplifying the code and increasing performance 100x and I prefer your version over Onlyme's. But I would was hoping to see the incompatibility and other issues fixed (e.g. icons appearing when removing turrets) instead of having to revert back to Ownlyme's version.

3 years ago

The original mod does not have issues with Repair Turrets. You created the incompatibility with Repair Turrets then blamed it on Klonan. I mean, Klonan is a developer of Factorio. Wouldn't it stand to reason that his code is more compatible with the game?

Don't get me wrong, please. I really like the direction you are taking your mod with simplifying the code and increasing performance 100x and I prefer your version over Onlyme's. But I would was hoping to see the incompatibility and other issues fixed (e.g. icons appearing when removing turrets) instead of having to revert back to Ownlyme's version.

Your logic is laughable and insulting me will not make me change my mind.

This thread has been locked.