King's Turret Shields

by Kingdud

Forked from Turret-Shields by OwnlyMe. Cleaned up the code, removed a lot of options, internal tweaks to how power and damage affect the shield. Lightweight scripted shields with power consumption (configurable or researchable)

Content
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b Repair turret Deconstruction

3 years ago

There is issue where if the repair turret (Klonan's mod) Deconstructions a turret the shield bar is still left. OwnlyMe's version didn't have this issue to my knowledge. The only way to remove the bars is to remove your mod load game then add mod back in.

https://imgur.com/aL8KWno

3 years ago

There was another bug opened about this same issue. Type 'kts reset' into chat and it will clear the dangling things in the world. Note: This will cause your shields to drop to 0 and recharge. I do not, and do not plan to, support interoperability with the Repair Turret.

3 years ago

This also happens with Klonan's Construction Drones. Will you also make them incompatible?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Tell me if the problem still exists in the latest version. (published literally a few seconds after you made this post).

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I have updated and the problem still persists. I've messaged Klonan and this is his reply:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/658542496296730628/756784935255277598/unknown.png

Resetting doesn't clear the orphaned shields, the command reported that shield and turret count match.. They're still there, blinking the yellow no power warning because I didn't bother powering them.

3 years ago

I also noticed persistent empty shield bars but mine exist over the top of a operational and powered turret. The bar functions correctly if the turret takes damage but then just stays there showing empty as soon as the shield recharges. I can then remove the turret by hand and it still remains. As you probably remember from a previous discussion I do use Repair Turrets but I'm not actually sure if this is related since these turrets were built by hand originally and have never been killed.

No, the update did not remove the problematic bars for me.

3 years ago

Oh! After using "kts reset" the bars do not seem to be reappearing even after decon/recon with a repair turret.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Its not just Klonan's two mods Krastorio's 2 also has this issue with its anti-turret creep script leaving the same thing as the repair turret if I place a turret too close to nest.

I'm test the new version right now.

3 years ago

Yep. Those events are already in the code. Except for script_raised_destroy. Repair Turrets should not be sending a destroy event. Still, I went ahead and added script_raised_destroy. Try .14, if the problem still persists, then I will just consider any bug report against klonan's mods to mean their incompatible. To understand where I'm coming from: I share my mods in case anyone else wants to use them. I do not share them because I want to support every use case. More like "I made this cool thing, if you want to use it, have fun."

3 years ago

It works now, thank you very much!

3 years ago

So far so good it appears to have fixed the issue with Klonan's two mods and the anti-turret creep from K2 as well.

New response