King's Nuclear Bots

by Kingdud

Nuclear powered robots that don't need to recharge. Forked from Buggi's Nuclear Bots and changed to have a more balanced formula, not have 3x the speed of normal bots, fire immunity, and some acid resistance for construction bots. Finally a use for all that Uranium that piles up! The recipie was scaled to require as much energy as a normal bot would use in 21 years - about the same time that a nuclear submarine reactor core lasts.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistic network

i Big bot unbalanced imo

2 years ago

Hi, I like this mod because it's not cheaty. Except for the "Big Cargo Nuclear Construction Robot".
Why does it only require "1 x Nuclear Construction Robot" to make?

It's basically a free upgrade that adds 96 to cargo capacity.
Shouldn't this eiter cause a penalty to it's speed, or require more ingredients in the recipe?

Idk, just my opinion. Maybe it's a reason I don't understand.

(Actually, would be even better if you made a fork from "https://mods.factorio.com/mod/AtomicRobotsFix2", so we could enjoy your balance changes and tasty new graphics), I know that's probably asking too much but there goes ◑﹏◐

2 years ago

The reason the upgrade is basically free is because big construction robots only have a couple of use-cases where they are actually helpful, in all other cases, they are a massive PITA. For example, base repairs after a biter attack. A Big Bot will grab 100 repair kits, go out, repair one thing, and bring back 99. But if it gets destroyed, poof go 100 repair kits. If you ask the big bot to cover your base in concrete, it will pick up 1 concrete just like any other bot. The one case where big bots are useful is in base de-construction. Where you have chests or buildings full of items. The big bots can move whole stacks at a time by themselves, saving a huge amount of time. And it's because of that extremely limited use case that I made them basically free.

2 years ago

I see, thanks for the response and explanation :)

New response