James' Train Mod

Includes unified train changes, including weightier rolling stock, electric , nuclear, and hybrid trains, powered rails, and electric train cars. Each also has a setting, so you can pick and choose which ones you want.

Content
16 days ago
Transportation Trains

g performance hit on large maps

a month ago

after replacing most of my rails with powered rails, I noticed substantial slowdown on replacing tracks with powered tracks. Additionally my accumulator charge shows the charge of all of the rails, totaling over 24GJ

not sure if any optimization can be done or an alternative to using invisible accumulators is dooable

a month ago

power stats also appear to be crashing and resetting every few seconds ranging from 10-30 seconds

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Uh... how many rails you got?

I haven't seen any issues in my save, and I've got over 20 thousand rails, which should be enough to show any issues

a month ago

Yeah for hidden accumulators, I don't think there is an alternative. Using an Electric Energy Interface would still show accumulator charge, fairly certain.

I'd have to completely rework how the "powered" part of it works, and other methods are more script-heavy.

a month ago

upon further testing it appears that the slowdown was tied to placing rails, perhaps when it merged/consolidated electrical networks. The power stats are also likely linked to that as well. Once I stopped replacing and merging rails ups returned to normal!

a month ago

Yeah that would do it. I would guess it's caused by having such a large electrical grid with many poles.

29 days ago

Yeah for hidden accumulators, I don't think there is an alternative. Using an Electric Energy Interface would still show accumulator charge, fairly certain.

I'd have to completely rework how the "powered" part of it works, and other methods are more script-heavy.

I attempted to make it work using beacons instead, so that the stored power isn't shown, but unfortunately they just can't work in the way I need for this. For now, we're staying on accumulators.

27 days ago

after replacing most of my rails with powered rails, I noticed substantial slowdown on replacing tracks with powered tracks.

This is caused by simply replacing rails that's part of a big rail network. All trains on the network needs to repath after every piece of rail is picked up or placed down. The performance impact of the electric network should be minimal, assuming it's all part of the same network.

New response