Hovercrafts

Speed across land and water in your own personal hovercraft. 2 versions, plus 2 more with the mod 'Laser Tanks'.

Content
1 year, 7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation

b [Fixed]Issue with the "Electric Vehicles Lib: Reborn" mod

4 years ago

Hello,

I discovered the bug on a specific case : when you loose the game and you click on the "Restart" button.
The init function detect the "Electric Vehicles Lib: Reborn" mod and call something that raise the error.

The mod Hovercrafts caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Hovercrafts::on_init()
Error when running interface function electric-vehicles-lib.register-transformer: __electric-vehicles-lib-reborn__/src/main.lua:436: extra-high-voltage-transformer is not a valid equipment prototype
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'assert'
    __electric-vehicles-lib-reborn__/src/main.lua:436: in function <__electric-vehicles-lib-reborn__/src/main.lua:433>
stack traceback:
    __Hovercrafts__/control.lua:90: in function <__Hovercrafts__/control.lua:88>
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'call'
    __Hovercrafts__/control.lua:90: in function <__Hovercrafts__/control.lua:88>

It is not a major bug, but it can show something wrong to fix.

I hope keeping the "Hovercrafts" mod. Hovercraft is for now the most pleasant vehicle I had to drive!

Regards,

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thank you very much for letting me know. I am glad you enjoy the mod and credit to, MostlyNumbers, for making it in the first place. I agree this is, in my opinion, one of the best modded vehicles available. I only hope to be able to keep it going and possibly improve it along the way.

Regarding the error, I apologize and I will look into it for sure.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Could you upload me a copy of the saved game by chance? I can't seem to recreate the error myself so it is making me think there is a possible mod conflict. A copy of the save would help me figure it out.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello,
Before sending you my huge saved game ... I tried to reproduce on a fresh game.
- base v0.17.34
- Electric Vehicles Lib: Reborn v0.1.2
- Hovercrafts v0.17.4
I got the error just after clicking on the play button (just a New Game).

After that I updated Hovercrafts from v0.17.4 to v0.17.6
Now I start the game without problem.

I will try to reproduce un my huge game... stay tuned!
EDIT: my base was not up-to-date, then Hovercrafts is not loaded... let's try with base v0.17.35 !

4 years ago

Finaly, I reproduce easily.
With those mods :
- base v0.17.35
- Hovercrafts v0.17.6
Play > New Game > click on the Play button
=> got the error

I also check with the mod Electric Vehicles: Reborn v0.1.2 :
- base v0.17.35
- Hovercrafts v0.17.6
- Electric Vehicles: Reborn v0.1.2
Play > New Game > click on the Play button
=> everything is fine.

I think in usual case Players install the "lib" because the mod has a dependency on it.

In my case I don't use both, I don't have electric vehicle.
My issue is about a thirdparty mod (Laser Tanks v0.17.10) that include the code of the "Electric Vehicles Lib: Reborn" (v0.1.0).
That sucks.

Finaly,
I think there is something possible to improve in Hovercrafts to detect if Electric Vehicles: Reborn is really present and not only the lib.

Let me know if you need help.
Regards,

4 years ago

Okay, I understand.

Both of the electric vehicle: Reborn and electric Vehicles Lib: Reborn are OPTIONAL dependencies for my version of Hovercrafts. They allow the use of the electric hovercraft. You can use my mod without those mods, but the electric hovercraft isn't available. Only the two burner fueled hovercrafts are available in that case. I will work on a fix for your issue Saturday as I am unable to before then unfortunately due to my schedule.

4 years ago

It is not blocking or urgent.
Now we have clearly identified the issue. I know the cases where the bug is introduced.
I'm testing lot of mods to submit for vote to my friends for integration into our main game.
I want more mods for more content and more fun but without the more bugs, more issue ;-)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I think have resolved the problem you were having. My version of hovercrafts no longer requires, Electric vehicles: reborn, to enable the electric hovercraft. It now only requires Electric vehicles Lib: Reborn.

If you have no interest in using the electric hovercraft you can use the two burner fueled hovercrafts with out any mods.

Please let me know if you have any other issues.

4 years ago

Thanks a lot for all the work done for this pleasant mod!
Have fun!

4 years ago

No problem! It's been a fun learning experience updating and improving this mod. I am happy people seem to be enjoying it.

New response