Hovercrafts

Speed across land and water in your own personal hovercraft. 2 versions, plus 2 more with the mod 'Laser Tanks'.

Content
1 year, 8 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation

g balance them ffs

5 years ago

The mod is great, i really like the graphics and the idea itself. But the hovercrafts are clearly imbalanced. You are supposed to trade easy controls for the ability to drive across water, but instead you get a vehicle that is controlled exactly like a car and has the impact damage of a tank. Also the ability to turn 360 degrees without moving (like in a tank) would be a quite obvious suggestion.
This mod would be perfect if only you fix that.

If you do not count this - 10/10 adding to every modpack.

5 years ago

Regarding the general maneuverability -
I would like to get more opinions on this. It is something I could look into for sure, but would prefer to keep it in line with what most people enjoy. This is the first time anyone has said anything regarding the maneuverability of the hovercrafts including the original version.

Turning radius -
I do agree that turning in place is something that only makes since for a hovercraft and I will look into adding that.

Thank you for your suggestions, Gingerguy.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I've added this topic to my todo list.

Some quick thoughts I have for changes-

• The standard hovercraft should have around the same health as a car. It's not focused towards combat and more built for transport of personal around the areas cleared by the car, tank, and missilecraft. Maybe it should be a little slower/maneuverable than the car? Kind of the in between the other two hovercrafts. A little more armor than the electric, but less than the missile? Also, little faster than the missile, but slower than the electric?

• The electric hovercraft should have a little less health than a car in my opinion. As a trade off for it's electric motors and utility. It should also be a bit faster and maneuverable.

• The missilecraft should have a little bit of armor being more focused towards combat, but still less than a tank. Somewhere in between the two. It should also be a bit slower and harder to control due to it's armor and armament.

More suggestions are welcome of course.

5 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I would like to apologize for such a long delay in pushing out my changes. I have been out of town and away from my computer.

My ideal of your suggestions has been pushed and I look forward to your feedback.
Thanks again for your patience and hope you continue to enjoy my version of hovercrafts.

New response