Hiladdar's Trains

This mod adds 3 tiers of cargo wagons with 80, 120, and 160 capacity; and 3 tiers of fluid wagons of 50k, 75k, and 100k fluid capacity. Finally, breaking force is expanded by 25% per level beyond the base game.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Trains

g Compatibility with other train-modifying mods

3 years ago

Mods like Train Overhaul and Krastorio2 make the vanilla cargo wagon heavier. It would be cool if you added some code to data-final-fixes.lua to set the weights of stacked wagons to a proportion to the final weight of the vanilla wagon.

3 years ago

Thanks for the recommendation, and advice. I took a look at the Shall Transport Group FAQ. In principle what you recommend is doable and a good recommendation, but a bit more involved, then just touching the code in this mod. I already have a separate module, Hiladdar's Core which consolidates all the items and entities from all my mods two different tabs.

Incorporating your request would be more involved, requiring modification to two of my mods, first the train mod with the option to use Schall Transport Group should the player desire. Second mod that will require modification is Hiladdar's Core mod, not to remap trains and wagons if they were mapped to Schall's Transport Group.

Having spent some time thinking about your proposal, it could be possible to have a setup option on the mod setting page, prior to the start of a game to ask the player if they want to map to Schall's Transport Group or not. It is possible that some players will want to play with this mod and Schall's Transport Group mod concurrently without remapping trains in Hiladdar's Trains to a different location.

I will be adding your recommendation to the issue log for both those modules, as a good recommendation for implementation consideration, next time I have to touch either of those mods for for a critical issue, such as a bug or breakage due to a new experimental release of Factorio.

New response