Ghost Scanner

by Optera

Adds a combinator reading ghost requests from the logistic network it's placed in.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Circuit network

b Ghost Scanner fails in combination with Maintenance Madness: no proxy_target in item-request-proxy

3 years ago

G'day. There is a conflict between this mod and https://mods.factorio.com/mod/MaintenanceMadness

It triggers when the mm-maintenance-request-proxy item-request-proxy is present; it has a nil proxy_target, but in control.lua:296 (function get_ghosts_as_signals invoked from the tick handler...) that is unconditionally indexed.

That crashes out trying for e.proxy_target.unit_number; should be enough to simply skip item-request-proxy entities that don't have a proxy_target for the purpose of compatibility.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Are those proxies still requesting items from the logistic network?
If so should I find a way to include the requests in scanner outputs, or is skipping over those enough?

3 years ago

I believe they are, yes. They show up when a machine needs maintenance supplies, or replacement, and logistic bots deliver those things. I suspect that it doesn't attach to the target entity as such, just consumes them from lua or something. So it would be nice to include them, but not essential.

Thank you, both for this, and in general for your mods.

3 years ago

One little register_on_entity_destroyed abuse later we have proxies with unique identifiers that no longer need proxy_target at all.

3 years ago

haha, nice. thank you so much. :) I'm sure my poor broken because they missed maintenance machines thank you too.

New response