Refactored version of Construction Signaler by codekitchen.
As I kept adding features to codekitchen's version it became a complete rewrite which I'll post as it's own mod here.
- Unlocks with circuit network research.
- Place it in the logistics (orange) area of a roboport so it knows where to look for ghosts.
- reads entity ghosts
- reads tile ghosts
- reads item requests (modules) from ghosts
- reads item requests (modules) from built entities
- optimized performance as much as possible (having to use find_entities will always be a major drain)
- Update frequency
reducing scan frequency improves performance
- Scan Result limit:
counters performance drops during large build projects by limiting how many ghosts are found
The same mechanism is used in base game for the notification icon.
Set to 0 to disable.
- Invert output
saves an inverting combinator when used for LTN requests
- Reading large construction projects with 1000+ ghosts will have major performance impact.
To counter this scan results are limited to 1000 entities per logistic cells. Setting can be changed at runtime.
- Scanner does not return all ghosts
Either Scan Result limit was reached (see above) or ghosts are outside the construction area of the logistic network the scanner was placed in.