Fluidic Power

Overhauls the power network to use the game's built-in fluid system in an attempt to make electricity more realistic. Adds working transformers for high power transmission, and creates various new and interesting power distribution challenges. Similar to the mods Flow Network and High Voltage, but significantly different by being the first mod that uses no on-tick power calculations. This means the UPS impact should be minimal for non-gigantic bases.

Content
7 days ago
Power

g Support for linked surfaces?

1 year, 1 month ago

Would it be possible to support linked surfaces? And if so, would you be interested to add support?

1 year, 1 month ago

I'm not sure what you mean with linked surfaces? You mean cross-surface power poles? Part of which mod? Factorissimo?

There's (currently) no linked-pipe support so it's not (easily) achievable. So I don't think support will be added.

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

I was looking around and came across the "Surfaces Transport" mod which I think "links" accumulators for electricity and storage tanks for fluids... I think? And not exactly Factorissimo, but yes, mods that use a new surface, specifically Crash Site Spaceship Surface. Small space for power generation, so I wondered if the fluidic accumulator could be made to work, via Surfaces Transport (only if uses the Surfaces mod) or similar code.

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Yeah, it probably transports fluids manually with scripting, which is of course possible. However, I willl not implement something like that now, because it's also a special case for each mod that implements surfaces because they are all implemented differently, and I'm quite limited in free time.

However, it's actually trivial to connect my poles cross-surfaces, but it won't be a "fluid" connection, but rather a regular electric connection. To move electricity from surface A to surface B you can:
1. Place a regular power pole on surface A.
2. Place a source power pole on surface B.
3. Run a console command that will connect these two poles together with an electric wire. The entities you should use is the one -electric ones, and it's the ones that's selected when you hover your mouse over it. You will need to use this API
4. Tada, power should be transfered from surface A to B.

1 year, 1 month ago

Awesome, thank you. I will give this a try.

New response