Fluidic Power

Overhauls the power network to use the game's built-in fluid system in an attempt to make electricity more realistic. Adds working transformers for high power transmission, and creates various new and interesting power distribution challenges. Similar to the mods Flow Network and High Voltage, but significantly different by being the first mod that uses no on-tick power calculations. This means the UPS impact should be minimal for non-gigantic bases.

Content
8 days ago
Power

g [Help] Distributing power over large distances.

2 years ago

I have an island "colony" where the resources are spread across many islands, this means i have to use extensive big poles to transport the power from where the nuclear power station is to the main hub. However, the main hub is constantly running out of power even though the nuclear power station is not running at full capacity. Also the transformers are even slower the more power i need. What should i do?

P.S I'm not moving the nuclear power station to the hub as that would take too long and would be inefficient as the uranium is quite far from the main hub.

2 years ago

Hello Ewan! That does sound like a distribution problem, but it should definitely be possible. You probably just need to tweak your setup a little, without moving your power plant. I would like to help you figure it out.

I have a few ideas/question:
- What is your current power draw? You can see in the FAQ how to calculate that.
- Are you playing with high-powered modded buildings. That might be harder to distribute power to, but vanilla should be fine.
- How are you distributing the power in your actual base? You will need a main vein of high voltage power running, and transforming it down where you need it. For example look at the third image on the modpage how I did just that (or the Google Maps style map here).
- What are the power level of the big power poles at your nuclear plant? And when it reaches your base? You can put an energy sensor next to it to see the level.

As a last resort you can always send me your save, so I can see better what the best approach would be. But it's definitely possible to have your nuclear plant on a different island :D

2 years ago

How could i send you my save?

2 years ago

Through Dropbox, WeTransfer, Google Drive, something like that.

2 years ago

Ill try make a google maps thing instead. However i don't know how to?

2 years ago

I think it would be much easier to use Dropbox. Do do GoogleMaps you need to install a specific mod, capture a image of your base, and then upload it to some site that can display it.

For DropBox you can simply make quick account online (it's free), upload it there, click share, and paste the link here.

If you want you can also contact me on Discord: stringweasel 0691

New response