Fluidic Power

Overhauls the power network to use the game's built-in fluid system in an attempt to make electricity more realistic. Adds working transformers for high power transmission, and creates various new and interesting power distribution challenges. Similar to the mods Flow Network and High Voltage, but significantly different by being the first mod that uses no on-tick power calculations. This means the UPS impact should be minimal for non-gigantic bases.

Content
8 days ago
Power

b [Fixed] Crash when Tiberium destroys a power pole

2 years ago

Whenever a powerpole gets eaten by tiberium (destroyed) the Tiberium mod throws an error. I know that has not particulary something to do with you, but maybe a fix would be easier from your side. I also posted this on Factorio and Conquers page.
Thank you very much for your mod i still like it very much!

The mod Factorio and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn (1.1.15) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Factorio-Tiberium::on_tick (ID 0)
The mod Fluidic Power (0.8.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event FluidicPower::on_entity_died (ID 4)
'entity': table expected, got nil
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'die'
FluidicPower/scripts/fluidic-handle-poles.lua:132: in function 'on_entity_removed'
FluidicPower/control.lua:25: in function 'removal_event'
FluidicPower/control.lua:27: in function <FluidicPower/control.lua:27>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'damage'
Factorio-Tiberium/control.lua:909: in function 'safeDamage'
Factorio-Tiberium/control.lua:400: in function 'AddOre'
Factorio-Tiberium/control.lua:451: in function 'CheckPoint'
Factorio-Tiberium/control.lua:514: in function 'PlaceOre'
Factorio-Tiberium/control.lua:819: in function <Factorio-Tiberium/control.lua:804>

2 years ago

Hello Arathok! Thanks for the report. I'm really glad you're still enjoying the mod and that you're still playing :D I saw this and have been thinking about what could be the issue, but haven't figured it out yet or how to best fix it. I do know it needs to be fixed on my side.

2 years ago

I removed the line that handles the die event if it's a kill not a remove and replaced it with the line from above it. That did got rid of the error but ups / fps suddenly tanked (maybe too much virtual liquid still being there ?)

The author of Tiberium said he can't fix that since the problem seems to come from the power pole handling of your mod.
I'm unsure what the error message means. Like it expects your die function to return a list of some sorts. But it seems to get some unexpected value. Unfortunately I am not proficient in Lua....

2 years ago

Not sure why the UPS tanks, but it will definitely makes things wonky if you replace that line.

You could try this code if you're already trying to fix it. I'm a little busy at the moment and don't have the time to setup a test scenario unfortunately. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow.

if e and e.valid then 
end
2 years ago

Possibly fixed in 0.8.2 :)

This thread has been locked.