Fluidic Power

Overhauls the power network to use the game's built-in fluid system in an attempt to make electricity more realistic. Adds working transformers for high power transmission, and creates various new and interesting power distribution challenges. Similar to the mods Flow Network and High Voltage, but significantly different by being the first mod that uses no on-tick power calculations. This means the UPS impact should be minimal for non-gigantic bases.

Content
8 days ago
Power

i Is the 100MJ voltage useful in a normal game?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Perhaps that the 100MJ is made for controlling nuclear or fusion power because of circuit networking where wires creates short circuited.

2 years ago

Hello! I'm assuming you're suggestion a change to the description about what you can do with 100MJ power units, and that it might be useful for Nuclear or Fusion Power. I've built a 4-reactor nuclear plant and the 10MJ unit was more than sufficient, so I still think you're rarelly need the 100MJ unit. I don't know much about the Fusion Power mod, but there's defintiely a point where it might become worth going to the higher voltage - but by then your PC will likely struggle to run the base at 60UPS :)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

No suggestions, just question why is it that the transformer not recommended to set to 100MJ?

Just construct less accumulators while set to the highest power unit.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Oh, now I understand better :)

I recommend not using it because it's easy to missjudge just how crazy large that unit is. For example, every power pole can store 100 power fluid units. If you transform you power up to 100MJ units, that means that every pole will normally internally buffer 100 x 100 MJ = 10GJ. That means that every power pole is storing as much energy as 2000 vanilla accumulators! Why is that bad?

Let's say you have only 20 power poles that carry the 100MJ units, that's storing 20 x 100 x 100MJ = 200GJ. And let's say you have a normal 4 Nuclear Reactor setup that produces an ideal 480MW. It will take all that reactors power for seven minutes to only fill the buffers in your power poles, not even to say to get to your factory.

So it's recommended to stick with the 1MJ unit. It's more than enough most factories using this mod. For example I've run a 4 Nuclear setup with 1MJ units which was still nowhere close to the limit of that voltage. You would need MASSIVE power generation to support a higher voltage, and your UPS will drop quickly when you reach that point.

You can also look at the throughput of the pipes. My power poles are very similar to vanilla pipes. According to the Wiki if your pipe network is 50 pipes long it can still handle 1000 fluid/second - assuming it's in a single. Let's go with this conservative number. With the 1MJ unit, that means you can transmit 1000fluid/s x 1MJ = 1GW over the length of 50 power poles. That's almost 2 nuclear setups of four reactors of power! So for the throughput you don't really need it either.

Thank you for reading my wall of text. I get quite excited about numbers XD. But essentially, you will probably never really need it, and if you use it when you don't need it then it will be very hard to work with. But if you want to use it, then go for it! I would love to see what you come up with :)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I mainly post my screenshots on Steam.

I do have Yuoki, Angel's and Omni mods on, so should I set to the high power unit for these mods when storing backup power for night use in the transformer?.

I know, ratios right?.

Bases can get power hungry in times especially when expanding territory.

New response