Fluidic Power

Overhauls the power network to use the game's built-in fluid system in an attempt to make electricity more realistic. Adds working transformers for high power transmission, and creates various new and interesting power distribution challenges. Similar to the mods Flow Network and High Voltage, but significantly different by being the first mod that uses no on-tick power calculations. This means the UPS impact should be minimal for non-gigantic bases.

Content
8 days ago
Power

b [Out of Scope] Problem with "Building Time Repacked"

2 years ago

im making a new mod pack for myself and my friends to play on, i LOVE your mod a lot, and if i'm being honest i would remove Building Time Repacked before your mod, however i was hoping you could fix your power poles so the effect of https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Building_Time_Repacked
doesn't play forever ?

thanks for your time :)

2 years ago

Hello! Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

I had a quick look at that mod and unfortunately, I don't think I can make it work in a simple and scalable way. I do quite crazy things to the pole when you place it down, so ideally the Building Time mod should account for that :P I will still think about it though, maybe I can think of a solution.

Have a nice day

2 years ago

rodger :'(

also what kinda 'stuff' do you do to the power poll ?
you have me interested now ;)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I'll gladly explain :)

For normal poles the entity in your cursor, before you place it down, is a generator (think steam engine) that only looks like a power pole. This is so that you can see the pole connections as you decide where to place it. This is the first entity that exists when you place a pole down, and it can generate power.

But, the power must be transmitted to your machines, which means you need an vanilla electric pole. So immediatelly I place a vanilla power pole on top of fluidic one. But this is a normal pole, so it will try to connect copper wires to other poles that are close so I destroy all those connections immediatelly. (You still see these connections sometimes as ghosts when blueprinting).

But this pole sometimes rotates when making circuit connections, and the generator entity below it doesn't. This looks really weird because you can see it's two power poles on top of another. And I can't disable the graphics (I think).

So, I also remove the original generator you placed, and replace it with an identical generator that is invisible XD

There might be a better way, but this is the best I could do with my limited modding experience at the time :)

Edit: corrected some of the reasoning. It's been a while :P

This thread has been locked.