Fluidic Power

Overhauls the power network to use the game's built-in fluid system in an attempt to make electricity more realistic. Adds working transformers for high power transmission, and creates various new and interesting power distribution challenges. Similar to the mods Flow Network and High Voltage, but significantly different by being the first mod that uses no on-tick power calculations. This means the UPS impact should be minimal for non-gigantic bases.

Content
8 days ago
Power

i Change Vanilla power poles to your new ones

3 years ago

Hello, i just wanted to instal this mods after i had started my pylife world. Would it be possible to change the poles that are already in the world to yours without a command and only when the mod has been added to the world?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

At the moment there is no automatic migration. This is because simply replacing vanilla poles won't work, and it's going to take a lot of fiddling to make it work well. Fluidic Power poles can't connect diagonally, and you need different poles at your power generation. And the Source Poles cannot connect to one another.

I can cook up a custom command for you (not sure why you don't want a command?) that can simply replace all poles to the likely equivalent. Then you run it once as soon as you installed Fluidic Power. Then you can continue from there. You will definitely need to do a lot of fixing by hand afterward.

Finally, I haven't tested my mod extensively with other mods. The current version of the portal doesn't play nicely with other mods, but hopefully today I will release a version that's a little better (it's already done, just needs a few checks). But if you get it working I would love to hear how it goes. If the other mod changes technologies will currently also not work.

3 years ago

Good to hear. Its alright to use a command i guess, its not like i care for the achievements in a modded game.

New response