Double Speed Belts

Сhanging speed of belts. Every next belt tier has twice higher speed than tier before. Now splitter splits one blue belt to two red belts.

Tweaks
7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g [done] Compatibility with Factorio Extended and Miniloader mod

4 years ago

Is this compatible in title?

4 years ago

What exactly from Factorio Extended?
I try to add compatibility to Miniloader

4 years ago

I think the FactorioExtended Plus-Transport is the part-mod that adds the belts!
would love to get this i my playthrough :D

4 years ago

Ok, I try to add the compatibility to FactorioExtended Plus-Transport

4 years ago

Wonderful! Thank you so much!

4 years ago

Done!

4 years ago

you are the man darkfrei thanks for all of your mods and support

4 years ago

Amazing. will try at once!

4 years ago

hahah. It ate 10-12 UPS/FPS. I have to many belts it seems

4 years ago

@SunkenL
Just use one-line common bus, use splitters with same tier and after splitter use two belts one tier lower, full belts need less CPU.

4 years ago

not in a position to change my over 500h game. i make a trainbus by the way.. but when i have fixed my fps with alot of beacons then i will go for another try with this mod!

4 years ago

Note that all slots in all chests need update, small chests are much better for CPU than big chests.

4 years ago

so the warehouse mod is no good you say? i really like that mod :D

4 years ago

Yes, every inserter checks every slot on every tick. You can try without it, just for comparing.

4 years ago

so the miniloaders do the same i presume.. That is harsh.. I tries your mod again, and seems the beltspeed went from 75 to 240. so in other words i can cut my big factories in several halfs to save some ups! i may try to get rid of warehouses. but i really need the 6 wide for all my stuff.

4 years ago

Another solution: use solar panels + accumulators only, dozen millions of solar panels have better UPS than only one nuclear reactor.

4 years ago

Maan that tip with the inserters checking chests all the time.. now with your mod i cut back the loaders from chests to trains from 6 to two.. i have only made like 6 of maybe 100. and already saved about 10 UPS.. that was my problem all along. so happy :D

4 years ago

Maybe it can also help: Small Chests - all chests are as small as you want. For example 6 slots per chest (in mod settings you can change it from 1 up to 36 slots).

4 years ago

Note that miniloaders from Miniloaders are actually two inserters.

4 years ago

How is it to use miniloaders on assemlers/Furnaces? does is check also? small chests is a sollution. but i really really want the 6 wide chests! But for example.. If i use the small chests mod with say 6 chests with 20 slots in each. and 6in/6out miniloaders. is that better then one warehouse with 2in/2out miniloaders?

4 years ago

I have no idea, the information about CPU is from forum and devs, I cannot test CPU usage by myself.

4 years ago

What do you think about the modular chestmod instead? For upsreasons

4 years ago

@SunkenL Have you looked at .. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/WideChests
@darkfrei .. what is the benefit to having only 6 slots compared to a normal chest limited to only have 6 usable slots.

4 years ago

I checked widechests.. Seems the same as modular chests. Will try both
And yes does the limits chestslots make the loaders not have to check those slots?

4 years ago

IDK, but
If the inserter can take items from "red slots", then they make searching through them too.

New response