Dispatcher: dispatch trains to chosen stations with signals

Adds a new train station (Dispatcher) that dispatches waiting trains to a station when a dispatch virtual signal is received (target station ID is provided via the signal).

Content
1 year, 11 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Trains Circuit network

g (help) How to send Unique signals according to station?

5 years ago

How can I get the dispatcher to read unique signals for each station?

Let's say I have 3 iron ore outposts, named iron.1, iron.2 and iron.3 (scaled up if I wanted). And I have a dispatcher station(s) named iron.

How can I get my dispatcher to send a train to each station as it becomes ready ("x" amount of ore in inventory).

As far as I can tell, you can only relay a dispatcher signal with a value of one via a decider comb. Or a constant Combinator of whatever value. With these options, I can only see out it is possible to have 2 iron.x station via using both red and green circuits (iron.1 would send a dispatcher value of 1 via decider and iron.2 would send a Singal of 2 via using 2 decoders to add the value to 2) but beyond this the signals would begin to add up and potentially send a signal value equal to a station that is either not ready, or doesn't exist, and bypass the ones that do exist.

Ultimately, I'm not entirely well versed in the circuit network logic, so I'm likely overseeing something, and is why i need assistance.

Thanks for any help.

5 years ago

So, what you can do with a decider combinator is to wire up a constant combinator to the decider's with the station ID value you want to request from, and the "dispatcher" you want to request from as well. Then what you do is put "everything" and "input value" on the decider combinator. It'll now output the entire input that it gets when the decision condition is met.

This will contanimate your larger. Network with trash signals, but your dispatcher is now working properly.

robot256 β˜†
4 years ago

I'm gonna jump into this old thread to promote one of my favorite features of this mod: It forces the schedule to pause at the dispatcher stop if no stations with the requested ID are currently enabled.

So you could name all three stations iron.1, wire them to enable the train stop only if there is space for unloading cargo, and wire the constant 1 to the dispatcher. No matter how long their schedule is, trains will go to the dispatcher and wait there until one of the unloading stations is enabled.

New response