Constructron-Continued

by ILLISIS

An automated Spidertron; has the ability to move, set logistic requests, construct, deconstruct, repair and upgrade entities/blueprints of any size, anywhere on the map with items from your logistic network for the ultimate fire and forget automation and megabase quality of life experience with unmatched scaling potential.

Tweaks
2 months ago

i Module Building Timeout

10 months ago

I'm running into scenarios where the module production rate is low, so the constructron is stuck for a long time waiting. It'd be nice if there was a configurable timeout where they just go build what they have gotten and come back for more.

10 months ago

Hi

This topic is hotly debated frequently, most peoples have the expectation that Constructrons operate like robots where;
robots take one item to the destination as required.

In reality, the difference is;
Constructrons take a large amount of items to an area and then the robots in it's network build ghosts within range.

I see both sides of the coin, currently the path in not clear to implement additional behavior but I agree a change or option does need to be made.. It's just a matter of time .....and time.

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

I like the stock up then deploy at the end behavior for most things. I'm working on a Py run, and the current example is sap trees. I'm making them in the mall so the constructrons can get at them easily, but I'm making 2.7/min of them. The several hundred that it takes to fill the buildings in a train cell take a while to produce. I've been occasionally swinging by and cancelling the logistic requests to force them to deploy their current stock.

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

Yes, I am not for any kind of internal timeout, as you would have noticed, after the job 'finishes', a new job requesting the same items is created, that is the challenge.

Feel free to jump in to the discord if you would like to discuss more in depth