Constructron-Continued

by ILLISIS

An automated Spidertron; has the ability to move, set logistic requests, construct, deconstruct, repair and upgrade entities/blueprints of any size, anywhere on the map with items from your logistic network for the ultimate fire and forget automation and megabase quality of life experience with unmatched scaling potential.

Tweaks
2 months ago

b Crash after /ctron reset all

10 months ago

Hi,

I wanted to automatically deploy Constructrons, so I used "Equipment Gantry" and then AAI Programable Vechicles "Vehicle Deployer". Worked great, CTrons came out with Reactors and roboports ready to work.
But they didn't... the Constructrons mod didn't see them as resources. I also use "Spidertron Control Center" and any CTron placed by the Vehicle Deployer does not appear in its list also.
Hoping to reset this, I did a "/ctron reset all" and got the following response -

Surface Job validation & cleanup
Reset all parameters and queues complete
Registered 5 stations on nauvis.
Registered 1 constructrons on nauvis.
Found 0 entities on nauvis to deconstruct
Found 0 entities on nauvis to construct.
Found 0 entities on nauvis to upgrade.

And it moved the constrctron to the nearby station.
So it spotted the Ctron and controlled it, thought it was all good.
Then I placed down a ghost and got the below error.
Now this map is a paperweight. Can't build anything or it crashes.

The mod Constructron-Continued (1.0.74) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Constructron-Continued::on_nth_tick(60)
'min': real number expected got inf.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_vehicle_logistic_slot'
Constructron-Continued/script/constructron.lua:97: in function '?'
Constructron-Continued/script/job_processor.lua:200: in function 'do_job'
Constructron-Continued/script/job_processor.lua:23: in function <Constructron-Continued/script/job_processor.lua:12>

I then tried to disable to mod and then go back in and re-enable it, but that caused the next error below. This error happens after trying to load the save.

The mod Spidertron control center (1.2.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event spidertron-control-center::on_configuration_changed
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__spidertron-control-center
/control.lua:87: in function <spidertron-control-center/control.lua:84>

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!

10 months ago

Ok, found one issue. I had changed the mod configuration from "construction-bot" to another entity name. I've changed that back. The game is no longer crashing. But you might want to put some error checking around that config. I thought it was to use a different spidertron base version so I could get constructrons with more space.

10 months ago

The issue with the AAI vehicle deployer still exists though. I have to manually did a "/ctron reset all" for the newly created CTrons to start working.

10 months ago

Spoke to soon. Even after the reset all, the ctrons are just sitting idle.
I did a /ctron stats and got...

registered_entities: 21
constructron_statuses: 16
ghost_entities: 0
deconstruction_entities: 0
upgrade_entities: 0
repair_entities: 0
job_bundles: 0
constructrons: 16
service_stations: 5
nauvis:constructrons_count: 16
nauvis:stations_count: 5
nauvis:construct_queue: 0
nauvis:deconstruct_queue: 1
nauvis:upgrade_queue: 0
nauvis:repair_queue: 0
Constructrons on a job:0
Idle Constructrons: 16

I then placed down 1 more CTron manually (17 total now) and the other CTrons started working!
(Not sure if this could be related, but the "Spidertron Control Center" ONLY shows the one CTron I manually placed down.)

So, to use this automation, I have to have the Equipment Gantry" and "Vehicle Deployer" create the CTrons, then do a /ctron reset all, then manually place a another CTron. Then it works as expected.

Again, Any help you can provide is appreciated.

10 months ago

Hi

There is more than one issue here but the biggest issue seems to be that Vehicle Deployer does not raise the event for entity creation and therefore Ctron has no way of knowing that the entity has been created. Spidertron Control Center also doesn't get the event raised, that is, if it is even listening for it in the first place, I am unsure.

10 months ago

Thanks for checking it. I'll head over to the AAI page and see if it's a known issue/feature or something new they can fix.