Cities Of Earth 3

by hyspeed

A Factorio mod that uses maps of Earth for world generation. Choose from different world layouts. The world size can be set at startup but does not tile or repeat. * Optional: Teleporters at each city provide fast movement across the world. * Optional: "Pre-Place Silo". The Rocket Silo will be built at map creation and cannot be crafted by players. * Optional: "Team Co-op". Each city is a team, players can build a factory to launch from their Silo.

Content
3 months ago
Transportation Environment

b Spawn issue, Asia, China, Chengdu, scale 10

1 year, 2 months ago

When spawning in, your character disappears, but you're still able to interact with everything.

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

you mentioned the settings you used were "Atlantic".

1 year, 2 months ago

I didn't have an issue, but I was right on the edge of water. I can see how a random placement might put the character unable to be used. I restarted several times. Next time I do an update, I'll look into increasing the "safe zone" to ensure the character isn't in water.

thanks

1 year, 2 months ago

I made a short recording so you can see what's happening: https://youtu.be/xzD97Adbzu0
I did manage to get my character to spawn once, but as you can see, that was not the most common outcome.

1 year, 2 months ago

ok, yeah, I reproduced it when I enabled the pre-placed silo.
thanks.

1 year, 2 months ago

I see the source of the problem, but don't think I can easily fix it. The root of it is the silo gets created after the player is there. The game moves the player into the water, hence the god mode behavior. The workaround is to restart until you get a good spawn. I'm ok with that.

New response